Brighton (h) post-match thread

Seen some suggestions that Brighton deserved a point but they didn't force Ederson into any meaningful saves. They sprung forward well and looked to be causing us an issue on the counter but they barely created anything.

Need to cut out missing these big chances. Kev and Mahrez were guilty of this last night. De Bruyne has wasted a few this year. We need to be more clinical in these games against teams who defend well.

Yes they probably deserved a point much to my surprise. But still one-nil to the City and we needed some solid defending to see this one out.
The first half performance was satisfactory but after the break we lost control of the game. While tired legs may have had something to do with this I think our failure to deal tactically with Brighton's changed approach to the second half was significant.
I think back to the days when we were under pressure in midfield and a rampaging Yaya would burst forward and pin back the opposition. Merlin's defensive contributions though not widely appreciated are also missed. Too many misplaced passes in tight areas last night which could have been costly. Lucky in a way but three valuable points on the board.
Not a great performance but we take the three points and move on. Credit to Brighton I thought they played quite well.

Seen some suggestions that Brighton deserved a point but they didn't force Ederson into any meaningful saves. They sprung forward well and looked to be causing us an issue on the counter but they barely created anything.

Need to cut out missing these big chances. Kev and Mahrez were guilty of this last night. De Bruyne has wasted a few this year. We need to be more clinical in these games against teams who defend well.

Brighton didnt deserve anything , they played pretty football but created next to nothing due to our superb defence , if we had taken half our chances it would have been 4-0 or 5-0 , but our 2nd half performance was lethargic and Brighton took advantage possession wise , but never really looked like scoring.

That’s what I found so ridiculous last night. Apart from the fact he shouldn’t be anywhere near them, given he’s skied them before and hit the bar from not a huge amount of pens taken. Surely you’d think I’ll pick a corner with this one so the keeper has to at least make a save. To try and lift it again just seemed crazy and once again exposed an amazingly poor technique considering the level he plays at and what he’s achieved so far.
His technique was very poor. He lifted his head as he hit the ball. It was always going over the bar. It's incredible at this level really. You sometimes see goalies go the right way or a shot is hit too centrally but you rarely see them go over the bar unless there is a bobble or a slip by the player.

We better get the penalty situation sorted because good chance we may have 5 in one match.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.