Not open for further replies.
Something like this?

----------Ortega/Carson
Lewis--Walker--Stones--Gomez
---------------Phillips
-----------KDB------Gundo
-Mahrez-------------------Palmer
--------------Alvarez

So, what CB pairing are we expecting here? John Stones and ...? Kyle Walker can play CB, but he played a few days ago, so surely we want to rest him. Rodri can play CB, but surely we would rather bring Laporte than play already overplayed Rodri.

What am I missing? Can someone help me out here :)?

Haaland/Stones as the 2CBs it is, and I thought the days of overthinking it were over...:)

Would we ever dare to try Kalvin as the CB ?
Kalvin + Stones, Walker at RB, Rico in midfield?

If it's true that Grealish, Ake, Dias, Akanji and Laporte haven't travelled:

Ortega
Walker Phillips Stones Gomez
Lewis Gundogan Foden
Mahrez Alvarez Palmer

Ederson Carson Rodri De Bruyne Bernardo Haaland Borges Bobb Charles

Write it off and put the starters back in on Sunday.

Interesting that Laporte hasn't travelled. The club are probably avoiding him getting injured if he is indeed moving on

Pep didn't give any clues on his CL final team in the games leading up to it in 2020/21 but I do wonder if he'll decide to go strong for the Brentford game to shake the cobwebs off and build up towards the two finals.

They wouldn't need to all play 90 minutes, but to me it would make sense to give them all a run out together to keep that familiarity. I wonder if Pep feels it was a bad move last time out, rotating so much. Or maybe he just thinks it was all down to his tactics, misreading what Tuchel would do and not getting the message across to the players well enough in the lead up. Perhaps he is fine doing exactly the same to avoid fatigue and injury and trusts this group more to understand exactly what he wants from them.

Either way, tonight I'd be doing exactly what we did on Sunday. Try and win the game, get some minutes in a few, rest the others and maybe give some young lads an opportunity.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.