Brighton & Hove Albion (A) - Wed 24th May, 20:00 | Pre-Match Thread

Match Result Prediction

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think we lose or draw this one, in all honesty. If we win, it will be the most astonishing tribute to Pep's ability to demand everything of his players and get it.
Actually, to be completely honest, I'm not even sure that Pep himself will be ramping this one up particularly. He'll want us to play properly for the Brentford game, because it's the last real workout before the Cup, with a full week in between, and a way of maintaining sharpness.

Hopefully, the same rotated XI for this and the strongest XI until the end.

How was Kalvin Phillips today. Missed the game?
He was pretty decent, little pockets of him passing and moving into space, relatively tidy. He doesn’t have the natural flow of a Rico even for receiving the ball in very tight areas. He got caught out a few times in the defensive cover but pleased he got and took the opportunity. Didn’t let anyone down. Very unlucky with a header off the post.

Post match interview and he comes across as a really decent spud.

Probably the last thing we need is a long trip to Brighton against a high energy team like Brighton. Similar team to Chelsea except Akanji and Walker on the bench to swap with Dias and Stones maybe ? Can see Haaland and De Bruyne on the bench again. Give Phillips another start. Hope Ake gets some minutes.

Probably the last thing we need is a long trip to Brighton against a high energy team like Brighton. Similar team to Chelsea except Akanji and Walker on the bench to swap with Dias and Stones maybe ? Can see Haaland and De Bruyne on the bench again. Give Phillips another start. Hope Ake gets some minutes.
Ake is the one player I wouldn’t risk just yet given the nature of his injury and it hitting him in his first match back. Maybe 30 mins v Brentford for Nathan?

How was Kalvin Phillips today. Missed the game?
Had some good moments. Gave the ball away in the first half a couple of times but played a great pass to Foden to set up a chance which Phil narrowly missed and then had a header hit the post in the second half. Seemed to read the game a little better getting his foot in to break up Chelsea attacks a couple of times. Hasn't yet mastered the art of taking the ball on the half turn and protecting it to start attacks. One thing I do notice about him is that he is always static when he receives the ball meaning there is no impetus (didn't need to be yesterday) to what he does next.
Needs a lot more game time to develop in the City system so hopefully he starts against Brighton or Brentford.

Brighton have it all to play for to get a place in the Europa League.
It will be hugely difficult for Pep to inspire the team to perform in what is a dead rubber for us, with the team subconsciously thinking about the cup final, and having just got past celebrating the title. Hope I’m wrong but I can see this match marking the end of our winning streak, particularly as I’m going and want to see us perform well. I think he’ll start almost full strength (without Walker and Akanji) and make quite a few early second half subs to bring on a few of today’s team.
Given how fleet of foot Mitoma is, I would have thought Walker is a likely starter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.