Brighton & Hove Albion (A) - Wed 24th May, 20:00 | Pre-Match Thread

Match Result Prediction

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder if Ortega starts against Brighton or Brentford to get him ready for the FA Cup final.

I'm guessing Pep will put out his strongest eleven in one of these two league games so I can see Ederson starting that one. I doubt he'll just be dropped in against Inter without playing for almost a month.

Why ? It's a dead rubber for us. We have another game 3 days later v Brentford to keep Walker tuned up.
I don’t think the club thinks in those terms, and I’m pretty sure Guardiola will want the psychological marker of finishing the season on 94 points, ten clear of Arsenal. He’ll also want to beat Brentford, as that will mean we have beaten every team in the league. I’d use Walker against Brighton, where his pace might be needed, and then rest him against Brentford.

I don’t think the club thinks in those terms, and I’m pretty sure Guardiola will want the psychological marker of finishing the season on 94 points, ten clear of Arsenal. He’ll also want to beat Brentford, as that will mean we have beaten every team in the league. I’d use Walker against Brighton, where his pace might be needed, and then rest him against Brentford.
He's just played 95 minutes against both Madrid and Chelsea so I'd be well in favour of giving him a rest for BHA. I'm all for maintaining momentum but not at the expense of over playing anyone in a game where the outcome is of little importance.

it does help when its against a side that didnt look in the least bit arsed. But to his credit, good performance.
He was a top player at Leeds and I was happy we signed him. He hasn't turned into a bad player overnight. Deserves another season for me to prove himself. Just like everybody else has had in the past. Gets on my nerves on here people slating him. It's not like City fans that.

He's just played 95 minutes against both Madrid and Chelsea so I'd be well in favour of giving him a rest for BHA. I'm all for maintaining momentum but not at the expense of over playing anyone in a game where the outcome is of little importance.
I get what you are saying but I think Walker knows his body and he always strikes me as someone who wants to play when he is in form just to keep his engine going (de Bruyne and Rodri are the same).

Think we can go quite strong in this one without risking anyone unnecessarily.

Ortega
Stones, Dias, Laporte, Ake
Lewis, Phillips
Mahrez, Foden, Palmer
Alvarez

Take Stones, Dias, Ake, Foden and Alvarez off in the second half.

So nice to chill and watch. I think it’ll be a fairly strong lineup, many back in for this one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.