Brighton & Hove Albion (H) - Sat 22nd Oct, 15:00 | Pre-Match Thread

Match Result Prediction

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
For me, I think one of our biggest problems in attack has been the combination of wingers Pep uses.

We look best when we combine one slow tempo-controlling winger who is used alot for passing, and another winger who can come inside to score goals.

The best combination for that from our squad is Grealish LW and Foden RW.

I also think Alvarez LW and say Mahrez RW would work as well.

Jesus/Mahrez combination is just too slow and not enough goal scorers.

Alvarez/Foden combination has a slightly better chance but both perhaps are too eager for a goal, meaning we lose some possession patience from the wing play.

Palmer is a weird one, as I'm not fully sure what kind of winger he will develop into, currently as a very wide dribbling winger but defo has an eye for goal and is similar to Foden in that regard.

Cancelo’s criminally underrated as a defender. He’s given carte blanche to go forward as he sees fit and so yes there’ll be occasional times when he’s caught out of position but his anticipation is spot on and his timing in the tackle is up there with the best of them
'his timing in the tackle is up there with the best of them'...Seriously do you really watch the games.??Hes pathetic..Cancelo is the most over rated DEFENDER ive ever seen..And before you reply spouting bile..Do me a favour and watch his involvement in both Salahs goal at anfailed last season..jut run it through a couple of times. Ive admitted he is good going forward ..Hes an INTERNATIONAL FFS so should be..But dont make me laugh as a a player that cannot defend and cannot stop giving the ball away. It will come to the fore eventually and PEP knows it thats why hes his little project...And of course his defending last week was exemplary eh? Its our own fault though isnt it..Leaving him one on one with Salah ???Crazy.

Been a horrible week, somewhat depressing. I hope the players are fired up and not feeling as low as I am, I’m sure they will be.
It’s still somewhat early in season but absolutely agree that we must take 12 points in next 4 league games to maintain a title challenge versus an Arsenal team who are full of confidence and look to be running away with it. Premier league matches must be the absolute priority.

Underestimate your competition at your own peril, Arsenal guaranteed 6 points in next 2 matches v Southampton and Forrest then tough match versus Chelsea followed by Wolves.
With the interruption and uncertainty from World Cup this year we can’t let Arsenal get further ahead

... it means i have to cancel all travel/accom plans for Brighton game, but cannot see how to offload match ticket - is that only available to s/t holders?
Otherwise, if anyone can use it, pm me and I'll send the tkt from my wallet, if someone tells me how!
I'm pleased to say that another Blue contacted me and has taken the ticket (via screenshot) so this won't, after all, be an 'empty seat at home'... have a great game David...

Just saw Pep's press conference. That Simon Stone is as ugly on the inside as he is on the outside.
You know when a player does a ‘miskick’ and the commentator says:”wow that hit row Z”? Well is there any way one of our players could miskick one right in to this Stones’ man’s face? I know the momentum would have gone a bit but it would still have a bit of an impact!!

Forgive my exhorting ‘violence’ but I am, unfortunately, building up a lot of aggression due to some sort of ‘local difficulty’ the country seems to be experiencing!!! I’ll calm down soon. Especially as I saw John Boy was training! :-)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.