Brighton & Hove Albion (H) - Sat 22nd Oct, 15:00 | Pre-Match Thread

Match Result Prediction

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Am I right in saying you want the ball kicking into John Stones face Eccles?
You’ve changed.
*rofl*…. NO, NO, NO, not in John Boys face, in that Simon Stones personage’s face. I hadn’t even connected the two. John Stones is always John Boy so it didn’t click. :-) Mind you it was a bit early in the day. :-)

A little flappy, if I might be so bold.

We all have to play each other twice, and with the strange season we will have two “six pointers” against them next year after the World Cup. Like us, they should go deep in Europe, but they have Thursday night games, which might give us a 1 day advantage there.

Considering the two draws we had, which is the big difference, the fact that we still have to play them twice, and that we still have 70% of the season to play, I’d hardly say they’re “running away with it!”

They have definitely started well, but their squad depth is particularly thin. Given the rigors of the way they play, the Europa League, and the minimal rotation they have available to them, coupled with the fact they have had a somewhat unbelievable start to the season, I’m not sure it would surprise anyone if they went through a sticky patch somewhere along the way.

And, yes, everyone is susceptible to that, so Arsenal will not be alone in that.
I hope you are right, but playing Europa is a bonus as it means they can rest all of their starters if they wish. They do have pretty decent squad depth, it's a myth they haven't and they have invested heavily, I don't doubt they will invest again significantly in January window considering their start.

I still remember everyone dismissing Leicester, hence my caution and concern, Arsenal deserve respect and appear to be a worthy competitor, add to that they have experience winning leagues from Jesus, Zinchenko, Tierney, Oddegard and Arteta. Certainly not the experience we have but it can't be ignored.

Brighton are a decent footballing side so I’d prefer to see us rest Rodri and start with Bernardo/Gundogan/de Bruyne in the middle with Grealish/Foden/Haaland up top. We’re more fluid and faster when we shape up like that. Get ahead and then rotate.

Just looking at Brighton's past results and was pretty surprised to see in their 2-0 loss to Brentford they had 73% possession and 21 shots to Brentford's 7. The boys will need to be ready for a tough match. 2-1 or 3-1 City.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.