Brighton PL (A) | Man of the Match

Man of the Match

• Total voters
Foden or Kev? I've gone for Kev again. Kovacic in the team allows Kev not to get involved in any of the dirty work. Funny thing is, how many times do we see Kev as the nearest player to our penalty area about to unleash another masterclass. Foden is right - Kev's the best player in the PL.

MENews gave most of our players 6. I must have been watching another game!
Eddie 8 great spot for walker to lay on fourth.
Gvardial 7 solid
Ake 7
Akanji 8 terrifyc
Walker 7 done dodgy moments
Rodri 7
Kova 8
Kev 7 great great goal but radar a bit off at times
Bernie 7 worked socks off
Alvarez 7 worked socks off deserved goal
Phil 9 top lad.
Nunez 7 better!
Rest n/a not enough time Doku should have scored. Jack please go forward a bit more not always backwards

Bernardo.

Stealth Assasin. The song “He’s here, he’s there, he’s every fucking where” was made for him.

He covered every blade twice and was, at times, instrumental in picking the ball up as the last man, then nicking the ball for the 3rd goal by pressing like a man possessed!

We rarely “see” a 9/10 performance from him, because he is so stealthy, as he moves through the lines and across the pitch, but last night was one…even though he didn’t get on the score sheet.

Phil was obviously the easy choice, but I thought he was wasteful at times, and lost the ball for quick counters a few times, even though his first time pass into the bottom corner was a thing of beauty and settled the game.

Kev’s header was also a thing of beauty, but I’m honestly not sure if he knew what he was doing or he just stuck out his head and it managed to look like a worldie!

Akanji was, once again, full of speed and control at the back, and his pairing with Ake just feels symbiotic.

Others of note were Kovacic, who has become a bit of a Steady Eddie when asked to slot in alongside Rodri, and did a nice job covering his position when Rodri got a breather. In addition, Alvarez was lively, if a tad wasteful, along the front line.

Excellent, assured, Champion-like performance all around.

Walker for me.
Apart from his 2 assists he put the yards in, taking the left back with him.
Always tracking back.
Great example of how to put a shift in.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.