Brighton Thread - 2023/24 | De Zerbi is leaving (pg 6)

Can he speak German? I understand it's expected of Bayern managers/coaches.
Their CEO was quoted recently that they only need their next hire to know English, as the whole squad is able to use it, and that they were only considering English language skills, not German language skills, in their search. Strange position as that may be.

Brighton remind me of how Swansea were 20 years ago. Well run, have a plan and an idea of the profile of manager they want. I'd be surprised if they didn't already have several options on the radar for a replacement and hope they don't panic like Swansea did - cos look what that did for them!
Do you mean 10 years ago? I could definitely see the parallels between 2012-13 & 2013-14 Swansea, and 2022-23 & 2023-24 Brighton.

Strong that they are considering Henrik Rydström of Malmö as their next manager.

Top top coach bound to do great things. His tactics are similar to pep and dezerbi

Car crash of a club if they do this after he shafted them big time taking all his staff when he left.

A couple of early losses and it'll be whatever the equivalent of zebra pants are down there.
Guess they’re in a unique space. Really well run club that will probably never smash through the glass ceiling any time soon.

Therefore the new manager won’t likely improve them much, just finish top half and maybe sneak into the Europa League.

Who wants to move to a club where they are, at best, going to tread water.

Well I'm now officially older than a premier league ref.
I'm now going to go to bed and contemplate my failure of a life

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.