Brilliant article on York away from the York side

nice report, reminded me how much cash City generated for the division, probably record attendances at most grounds, also trying to find a match report in the national after a game. From the back page to three or four lines squeezed in between the horoscope and greyhound results. Talk about how the mighty had fallen.......

i was there and am still here now-the two clubs have moved so far in different directions -as for the pic of mr Parkin-well he has really pissed a lot of the local fans of by not playing and being caught swilling pints of ale at breakfast time-some athlete !

I realise this makes me in a tiny minority on here, and I really, really hope you don't think less of me. But, and I'm not sure how to say this - I'm not sure how I can put it rationally and sensibly. But when I consider the last 30 years or so and all that went on then, I am forced to a dreadful realisation, one hard to accept. Hard to believe.

How can I put it? How can I confess to such a thing? It means I am no City fan, given the million others who are so much better than me. But, and I know I am skirting around this, I have a confession. A terrible. Shocking confession.

You see...

Oh I can't, I can't admit it.

I must, I must confess.

Oh dammit ok. Here it is. This is the thing.

I wasn't at York away. Oh God, I've said it now. I wasn't there. I at no point watched any of it. I realise I am sent to Coventry. Persona non grata. Excommunicated. Exiled. The only City fan on the planet who wasn't there.

I beg forgiveness.

Great read that. I think I'm the odd one out because this game, Wycombe away and York again at home(funnily enough) were the only three I missed all season. I got arrested the night before for a mass brawl in a chippy and the fuckers kept me in until about 1.30 Saturday :(

i wasn't there either, fucked off to oz for the ashes, went to mansfield home in freight rover or whatever it was called, left after the o-o v bristol rovers and got back in new year, fa cup match at home, york, wrexscum away, stoke at home and the one in new year wimbledon away, 5 matches i missed that season and colchester away, no ticket and a friday night if i remember. those were the days of LOVE CITY HATE FOOTBALL thats how bad we were, but wouldn't swap those days for anything.

I still believe Wrexham away the following weekend (Boxing Day) was bigger. Logically we went to York and lost - meaning Wrexham away we went in an even lower position and mood than the previous week at York away. As such those that did Wrexham should get more kudos (I did both so easy to say)

I still believe Wrexham away the following weekend (Boxing Day) was bigger. Logically we went to York and lost - meaning Wrexham away we went in an even lower position and mood than the previous week at York away. As such those that did Wrexham should get more kudos (I did both so easy to say)

As previously stated I was at York away and I was also at this shambles of a match (Wrexham). Like you this to me was the lowest point. OK we drew rather than losing but it was a drab boring affair. I took my two lads and my mates son. Nowadays Esther Rantzens mob would be all over you for child cruelty.

As previously stated I was at York away and I was also at this shambles of a match (Wrexham). Like you this to me was the lowest point. OK we drew rather than losing but it was a drab boring affair. I took my two lads and my mates son. Nowadays Esther Rantzens mob would be all over you for child cruelty.

Hate to break this to you but since when did we draw that game at Wrexham? Did you leave before Wiekens scored the winner?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.