Bring back Garage!!!

A shitty genre of 'music' that filled the space that is always occupied by various 'new' sounds and is basically the choice of 13 year olds and some older idiots.

That space is usually filled by some sort of dance sub genre and they all die out soon enough because they are, as a rule, all shit with no musical or artistic integrity or value.

Now, I'm sure you could pick the odd track that might have some value but in general they are designed to appeal to people who find telling people how fucked up they were at the weekend a rivetting event and even younger tools who aspire to being messed up in some shitty club at the weekend.

Whatever shit music fills that space now, with a load of 13-19 year olds wetting themselves over it because they heard it is played in some wank clubs, will also go the same way. No-one will give a shit about it in 20 years because it is shite (well, maybe some misty eyed clowns might but only because it reminds them of their youth)

Kevin Websters currently making sweet music with Molly. Would that be classed as garage?

Kevin Webster could churn out a more artisically valid offering than 90% of the UK garage scene and that shite that was churned out by them.

All he would need is a sample of the Corrie theme and to mix it in with a line of him asking for some of Betty's hotpot. Tell some nobheads that this was the new big MC and they would lap it up

JohnMaddocksAxe said:
A shitty genre of 'music' that filled the space that is always occupied by various 'new' sounds and is basically the choice of 13 year olds and some older idiots.

That space is usually filled by some sort of dance sub genre and they all die out soon enough because they are, as a rule, all shit with no musical or artistic integrity or value.

Now, I'm sure you could pick the odd track that might have some value but in general they are designed to appeal to people who find telling people how fucked up they were at the weekend a rivetting event and even younger tools who aspire to being messed up in some shitty club at the weekend.

Whatever shit music fills that space now, with a load of 13-19 year olds wetting themselves over it because they heard it is played in some wank clubs, will also go the same way. No-one will give a shit about it in 20 years because it is shite (well, maybe some misty eyed clowns might but only because it reminds them of their youth)

sad old man

me and me mates used to bang a few tunes out with guitars and a drum kit...sometimes we'd even bring a bit of keyboard into it.. started out with Roses and Mondays covers, then experimented with our own sounds, usually after a few bongs...me mam didn't like us playin in the house so we had to jam away in the garage.
....so I'm all for garage music.

That is not garage its 'UK garage!' totally different thing.
garage/house was done by real artists/producers, started in the 80's and is still going, that UK shite lasted 2 minutes because it was so shit!

Yea, that whole "UK Garage" thing was awful, self gratifying nonsense.
Don't mind Dance/Electronica but uk garage - sorry too plastic gangsta for me

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.