Bring Back Joe Hart

Status
Not open for further replies.
Twas only friendly banter over a difference of opinion regarding past and present goalkeepers nothing really malicious, far to near Christmas.
I agree with this statement.

Anyone on here long enough will know I can call someone a **** on one thread and then back them up on another. Water and ducks back etc.

I like Bravo, and the manager wants him here, so it doesn't matter what any of us think. The guy that stands behind me at some games just slates Bravo from kick off to the final whistle, and believes that Hart's distribution isn't as bad as Bravo's shot stopping.

As for who I'd want in goal tomorrow, I have to say that given recent performances I'd want a shot stopper in goal as our defence is shite - so I'd prefer Hart.
Would be better though if the shot stopper hadn't a weakness with shots to the left.

Is the correct answer. None. I'd say his ability to help us keep the ball and move it with purpose has helped us far more than it's hindered us.
Maybe except we're not really moving it with purpose often enough although that's for a different thread.

His ability to help us keep the ball hasn't hindered us at all but it's not helped us as much as his lack of actual goalkeeping ability is hindering us. Practically every shot on target is a goal, or at least that's the way it feels.

Would be better though if the shot stopper hadn't a weakness with shots to the left.

Ha Ha was that not what critics said about Joe!! Bravo unless the ball is at his feet just does not inspire confidence. Maybe we should try him out as a defender
and give Willy a run in sticks?

I very rarely get upset, I did ask a poster who he would be more confident tomorrow with in goal to which he hasn't as yet replied there's not really a right or wrong answer its an opinion Hart made mistakes but also had match winning performances, I've yet to see that with Bravo.
He did indeed. Do you rememeber Joe's first season with us? I'll refresh your memory just in case...

Lost to Everton 2-1
Lost to Liverpoll 3-0
Drew with Fulham 1-1
Lost to United 2-1
Drew with Birmingham 2-2
Lost to Villa 1-0
Drew with Arsenal 0-0
Lost to Everton 2-1 (again)
Drew with Stoke 1-1
Drew with Birmingham 0-0 (again)
Lost to Wolves 2-1
Drew with Blackburn 1-1
Lost to Sunderland 1-0
Drew with Spurs 0-0

Doesn't look that good on paper at all does it? But...at least we gave him time after that first full season didn't we?

To lighten the mood a little...

2my2c20.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.