Bring back the old badge, official campaign.

warpig said:
I always wanted the old badge back but looking at it now, as much as it pains me to say it, it only reminds me of when we were shit. getting beat by the likes of stockport. players like Jamie pollock & Jason van blerk. board room unrest/terrace demonstrations, countless relegations and, dare I say it, playing at Maine road.

i look at the new badge now, and for me it symbolises the new city. a modern forward thinking successful club. winners of the fa cup, premier league, charity shield. players like tevez, silva, aguerro. a club with a new stadium with soon to be state of the art training facilities.

I'm all for remembering the past, but I'd rather look to the future. Keep the new badge.

cue the abuse.

No abuse but both van Blerk and Pollock only played with the NEW badge. We got the new badge in 1997. When did we get relegated to D3 again?

Much prefer the old badge. The current one is embarrassingly amateur.

manchester blue said:
warpig said:
I always wanted the old badge back but looking at it now, as much as it pains me to say it, it only reminds me of when we were shit. getting beat by the likes of stockport. players like Jamie pollock & Jason van blerk. board room unrest/terrace demonstrations, countless relegations and, dare I say it, playing at Maine road.

i look at the new badge now, and for me it symbolises the new city. a modern forward thinking successful club. winners of the fa cup, premier league, charity shield. players like tevez, silva, aguerro. a club with a new stadium with soon to be state of the art training facilities.

I'm all for remembering the past, but I'd rather look to the future. Keep the new badge.

cue the abuse.

No abuse but both van Blerk and Pollock only played with the NEW badge. We got the new badge in 1997. When did we get relegated to D3 again?

Much prefer the old badge. The current one is embarrassingly amateur.

indeed. and conversely we had the most successful era in our history wearing the old badge........which sorts of illustrates what I was trying (unsuccessfully) to explain.

even though the above is factually correct, in my mind I still associate it all happening with the old badge. bizarre I know, but true.

OK .... i know this has died a slow death .. but i've finally hsd the motivation to do an updated/modified verision of the "old" crest" to a moder day feel. Bear with me, will explain what i tried to do below:

zsdmancitymoderndaycres.jpg

Whats in it?

Golden Ship. The ship appears an a lot of crests, so decided to use that as the main feature, which is steep in Manchester's history with the golden age on industry and the Manchester ship canal.

Lancashire Rose
. Omitted from the current crest, this is a favourite amongst City fans, so emblazoned the Lancashire rose on the sails of the ship.

3 rivers of Manchester On the current badge, but replaced the Lancashire rose on the old crest. Representing the 3 rivers of Manchester, Irk, Irwill and Medlock, modified them to act as a wave giving the ship the metaphor "riding on the crest of a wave", symbolizing continued success on the journey. Also, added the team colours of Blue, White and Maroon to the rivers.

Bluemoon Rising. The ship is set on a backdrop of a bluemoon ... consistently striving to reach the top.

Manchester Skyline. A silhouette of the current Manchester Skyline.

European Football
. Add a Champions League football, for the modern era to show we have a place in Europe. This is also done, so if on wining CL titles, a star can be recolored gold, to symbolized success with seems to be the "in thing" now. But will be inclusive into the heart of the crest, not outside like an afterthought. (if more than 8 are won, the other football can be modified for increase the amount)

Manchester Circular. The classic look of the old badge to replace the current eagle which still divides opinions. Font used is the popular "Keep Calm" font, which is identified to be British themed.

That's the thinking anyways .. and i'm knackered having just done 10 hours and just finished, so apologies if it makes no sense. But i kinda like it.

ZabbaStuntDouble said:
OK .... i know this has died a slow death .. but i've finally hsd the motivation to do an updated/modified verision of the "old" crest" to a moder day feel. Bear with me, will explain what i tried to do below:

zsdmancitymoderndaycres.jpg

Whats in it?

Golden Ship. The ship appears an a lot of crests, so decided to use that as the main feature, which is steep in Manchester's history with the golden age on industry and the Manchester ship canal.

Lancashire Rose
. Omitted from the current crest, this is a favourite amongst City fans, so emblazoned the Lancashire rose on the sails of the ship.

3 rivers of Manchester On the current badge, but replaced the Lancashire rose on the old crest. Representing the 3 rivers of Manchester, Irk, Irwill and Medlock, modified them to act as a wave giving the ship the metaphor "riding on the crest of a wave", symbolizing continued success on the journey. Also, added the team colours of Blue, White and Maroon to the rivers.

Bluemoon Rising. The ship is set on a backdrop of a bluemoon ... consistently striving to reach the top.

Manchester Skyline. A silhouette of the current Manchester Skyline.

European Football
. Add a Champions League football, for the modern era to show we have a place in Europe. This is also done, so if on wining CL titles, a star can be recolored gold, to symbolized success with seems to be the "in thing" now. But will be inclusive into the heart of the crest, not outside like an afterthought. (if more than 8 are won, the other football can be modified for increase the amount)

Manchester Circular. The classic look of the old badge to replace the current eagle which still divides opinions. Font used is the popular "Keep Calm" font, which is identified to be British themed.

That's the thinking anyways .. and i'm knackered having just done 10 hours and just finished, so apologies if it makes no sense. But i kinda like it.

Not a bad effort at all that lad and I'm a traditionalist.

warpig said:

cue the abuse.
With the old badge on our kit (1972-74, 1982-1997) we didn't win a single trophy. I'm sure it was cursed!

Look what Liverpool have done, their new badge is still the official club badge. But the shirt has the old badge on it which looks good (apart from being red,......and being a Liverpool shirt). Could we not do this even if it's just a one off one season.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.