Bring the Noise

The issue is that people, like myself, find it Cringeworthy when you can hear the players on the other side of the pitch communicating.

The traditional British atmosphere is GONE. Modern stadia and fan oppression has seen to that. The only consistently decent atmospheres across the whole continent, but specifically within the UK use some form of ultras support (drum/megaphone/capo).

We’ve developed this snobby attitude of ‘I’m too cool to sing, I’m too cool to do the Poznan, I’m so bothered about my half time pint I’m going to head to the concourse on 35 mins’, ‘I’m more interested in scrolling through twitter whilst the games on’.

Because our support isn’t as good as it should be, our support as a whole has developed this defeatist attitude. Let’s not bother, let’s sing about empty seats as a laugh. Let’s video ourselves on the concourse whilst the games on. Let’s shoot down anyone who does something different too the rest of the sheep - hundreds of years of British culture has taught us to blend in and not take risks.

We need to step out of the comfort zone to change things. You might not like how the drum/megaphone was used last night, but with a few tweaks it could get better and you might not hate it as much as you think (at first impressions).

Give me a cringeworthy bunch of nutters going mad for 90 minutes over apathetic support any day!
Every single great English atmosphere shows that it’s not gone.

Our best atmospheres over the last few years are the best atmospheres I can ever remember at City.

They might be fewer than they have been for us, Newcastle, Southampton and Arsenal in the past... but I think they’ve improved in general across the country.

Wolves, Brighton, Villa, Liverpool, SheffU, Burnley, Norwich, Spurs... all have good atmospheres with no drums.

Leicester, Watford and Palace have plastic clappers and drums and their atmospheres are noisy enough but are cheesy as fuck.

Every single great English atmosphere shows that it’s not gone.

Our best atmospheres over the last few years are the best atmospheres I can ever remember at City.

They might be fewer than they have been for us, Newcastle, Southampton and Arsenal in the past... but I think they’ve improved in general across the country.

Wolves, Brighton, Villa, Liverpool, SheffU, Burnley, Norwich, Spurs... all have good atmospheres with no drums.

Leicester, Watford and Palace have plastic clappers and drums and their atmospheres are noisy enough but are cheesy as fuck.

Wolves have two large stands behind each goal. Away fans are located along the side of the pitch.
Brighton? They weren’t loud last season. You can here a pin drop when they are on live TV.
Villa. Good support. They have the Holt End.
Liverpool. Top of the league. Winning every home game. They have the KOP that get’s the rest of the ground going. But their support has improved. Used to be shit when the team was.
Sheffield United. Doing well in the PL. The have a KOP end. Sure they have/had a drum?
Burnley? The section near the away fans sing. But the rest of the stadium doesn’t. When the teams plays poor there isn’t much of an atmosphere.
Norwich? Yes, when they beat us. But the atmosphere has been poor this season.
Spurs. Imagine if we had the that single tier stand at the North stand end of the Etihad.

Palace is a great atmosphere. Many people knock it, but they support the team throughout the match. Limited chants.
Huddersfield have a singing section and a megaphone.They’ve always out-sing our away support.

Wolves have two large stands behind each goal. Away fans are located along the side of the pitch.
Brighton? They weren’t loud last season. You can here a pin drop when they are on live TV.
Villa. Good support. They have the Holt End.
Liverpool. Top of the league. Winning every home game. They have the KOP that get’s the rest of the ground going. But their support has improved. Used to be shit when the team was.
Sheffield United. Doing well in the PL. The have a KOP end. Sure they have/had a drum?
Burnley? The section near the away fans sing. But the rest of the stadium doesn’t. When the teams plays poor there isn’t much of an atmosphere.
Norwich? Yes, when they beat us. But the atmosphere has been poor this season.
Spurs. Imagine if we had the that single tier stand at the North stand end of the Etihad.

Palace is a great atmosphere. Many people knock it, but they support the team throughout the match. Limited chants.
Huddersfield have a singing section and a megaphone.They’ve always out-sing our away support.

Well done last night mate! Good effort.

We’ve developed this snobby attitude of ‘I’m too cool to sing, I’m too cool to do the Poznan, I’m so bothered about my half time pint I’m going to head to the concourse on 35 mins’, !

Both of these are cured by sorting the overzealous stewarding, which put paid to the Poznan, and sorting the bars and service, which by all accounts is utterly dreadful

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.