Bring the Noise

On the plus side, City have added numerous corporate areas, increased corporate seating, and more away fans than ever are getting tickets in the city sections via internet sites and by other 3rd party means. Away loyalty points have been replaced by home cup competition loyalty points. City have colluded with United to deny 4000 City fans the chance of getting a derby ticket for the League Semi final game at Old Trafford. Etc. And as a rule the Etihad seems to be more full than ever, with less empty seats, meaning matchday revenue should be increasing. Secondary issues like the lack of atmosphere at the Etihad aren’t that much of a pressing issue for the people running the club. The going on’s within the club aside, the fans in general aren’t arsed about the atmosphere and getting behind the team anymore.

Last edited:
Again, today, it wasn’t that bad in 115 and a couple of chants spread right across SS all the way to the West (CB) Stand. First 10 minutes the Bernardo song was non-stop - even when they had those 2 corners we kept it going, rather than being soft twats and bottling it. If the rest of the ground don’t join in, that’s hardly our fault. Could hardly hear the away fans for the most part (which I was surprised about, given how well they’ve played this season) but then I come on here to read that they were the loudest away fans to visit our ground all season. Don’t make me laugh ffs!

the noise doesn’t travel from top to bottom. Sheff Utd top tier fans were singing most of the game. I went in SS1 for the Burnley cup tie a couple of years ago and didn’t hear one song. Similar up there too. I couldn’t hear SS1 singing for 10 mins.

Again, today, it wasn’t that bad in 115 and a couple of chants spread right across SS all the way to the West (CB) Stand. First 10 minutes the Bernardo song was non-stop - even when they had those 2 corners we kept it going, rather than being soft twats and bottling it. If the rest of the ground don’t join in, that’s hardly our fault. Could hardly hear the away fans for the most part (which I was surprised about, given how well they’ve played this season) but then I come on here to read that they were the loudest away fans to visit our ground all season. Don’t make me laugh ffs!

I knew you guys were singing none stop from the clapping you were doing. The rest of the South Stand might as well be in the Colin Bell stand for what they contribute to the atmosphere.

Sheff Utd were loud until we went 2 nil up.

it all depends where you sit / stand, 115 was ok yesterday, first 10 mins or so with bernardo song, its been done a couple of times now and a good habit to get in to. Game was up and down, but there has been worse. I think now we are judging the atmosphere like we do the football on the pitch as in if we win 5 nil we are happy but 2 nil isn't quite good enough. I always say the noise wasn't as good as id like it to be, but I experienced worse games.

Had a look round, some of the "more mature fans" where really belting some songs out, good on them. Yes we need the young blues to get it going but most stadiums have a good mix. Im no spring chicken myself but still go to a game and sing. On the second goal we belted out the Guardiola song, 114 / 115 / 116 / 117 from where I could see all joined in, was very loud. Shows the singers are in, keep that level up.

Sheff Utd fans, I didn't hear much from them, where they loud in level 3 ? That I think is the problem again, SS3 thought it was a shit game, down below was ok.

I don't sing as much these days and don't care. If I wanted guaranteed audience participation, I'd go to a panto! Sometimes I prefer to just watch the game unfold, the team formation or keep my eye on a certain player's performance. I'll join in when I want, but organised chanting ain't for me, some games are good, some not. You don't get points for having the loudest crowd.

It must be deceptive if you're stood right in the middle of it, cos I was front row of 308 and didn't hear a peep from the South Stand til the 2nd half and even then it was barely audible. Whereas the Sheffield United fans were (very) loud and clear from start to finish.

It must be deceptive if you're stood right in the middle of it, cos I was front row of 308 and didn't hear a peep from the South Stand til the 2nd half and even then it was barely audible. Whereas the Sheffield United fans were (very) loud and clear from start to finish.

I heard / didn’t hear the same in 209. Credit to the Sheffield fans on their loud support.

On the plus side, City have added numerous corporate areas, increased corporate seating, and more away fans than ever are getting tickets in the city sections via internet sites and by other 3rd party means. Away loyalty points have been replaced by home cup competition loyalty points. City have colluded with United to deny 4000 City fans the chance of getting a derby ticket for the League Semi final game at Old Trafford. Etc. And as a rule the Etihad seems to be more full than ever, with less empty seats, meaning matchday revenue should be increasing. Secondary issues like the lack of atmosphere at the Etihad aren’t that much of a pressing issue for the people running the club. The going on’s within the club aside, the fans in general aren’t arsed about the atmosphere and getting behind the team anymore.

Great post and rare to see anyone question our wonderful owners. Everything we always hated and laughed about we’ve become. Never been further from our roots as a club but our owners are rich ****s so it’s alright.

I don't sing as much these days and don't care. If I wanted guaranteed audience participation, I'd go to a panto! Sometimes I prefer to just watch the game unfold, the team formation or keep my eye on a certain player's performance. I'll join in when I want, but organised chanting ain't for me, some games are good, some not. You don't get points for having the loudest crowd.
Has it not occurred to you that players get spurred on by crowd noise and that supporters can play their part in helping the team?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.