Bring the Noise

think depends were you are this season sat next to the atlanta fans and lots of them sat around us ! didn't hear a City song all night due to the noise they were making. SS on derby day was good and 309 for the Leicester game was good my worse this season was Watford middle of Colin Bell stand last row at the back surrounded by little kids and their parents who gave my lad and me dirty looks when we tried to get the singing going couldnt really do the Wednesday night due to young kids and swearing ! towards the end the kids did join in on the KDB song.

I think sometimes we are to hard on ourselves saw an gooners game could hear a pin drop and watch the second half of the dippers last night and that was very quite unless the dippers were near the wolves goal which wasn't much from what I saw, I was surprised how quite anfield was

I have not got a voice today and that is because I was shouting/singing/screaming (totally alone!!) in my section. At one stage I was told (nicely and with a laugh) to calm down. Mind you that was when I was yelling like mad at Bravo to get back in his area when he was way, way, way passed the half way line as we took a free kick. If they had broken away at that stage, and they were quite capable of it, with a swift overhead long kick there was no way he could have got back!!

But where were the singing section? The Sheffield United lot were very loud yes but we could have drowned them out as they were using some of our tunes with different words!! A loud shout out would have drowned them out surely?

Ah well, back to the whispering gallery. I shall keep on shouting/screaming/singing knowing that I am being laughed at but, as I said to my next door neighbour (seat wise) I promised the lads on BlueMoon I would make a noise tonight so I have to do it. They can laugh at me, ridicule me (not that they do that but they do laugh) whatever, it won't stop me singing either alone or accompanied................................ but please, please, please someone accompany me in CBL1!!! :-)

However, at least Pep acknowledged us singing his song at last, do you think he has been reading posts on here!! :-)

Last edited:
Met a few Sheff United fans in the pub before the game, seemed decent lads to me. One of them said he had a ticket in our end. Told him not to start giving it large and he should he'd be ok. A few more on the train were decent too, all were looking forward to playing us.

After the Wolves game I was really up for this game so after a few beers in town got the tram to the stadium and was buzzing. Tried to get a few songs going in 110 but even the regular guys around me weren't really up for it. Very subdued atmosphere yesterday and very disappointing. If supporters in one of our main two singing sections can't be arsed then we can't really wonder why it was flatter than a witches tit.

I think we have (collectively) become spoilt and expectant, many stood around me with a face like a smacked arse. Ok we got beat at Wolves, so what, move on and get over it!

We often wait for the team to rouse us into singing, never understood this tbh. Maine road was sometimes a subdued atmosphere but most of the time we could be bothered to try and inspiring our donkeys grazing on the pitch, and by christ did we have some donkeys. Some signed straight from the Golden Mile it seemed!; )

Nowadays we're feasting on fabulous footy and I want to go mental, I want you to go mental in making some noise, fuckin' hurry up and bring it!

I enjoyed the game yesterday, even though our atmosphere was shite. Fair play to Sheff United fans, they played their part and amused me with their excellent original and quirky 'greasy chip butty' song. One of my favourite non City songs.
Top quality: )

Last edited:
I don't sing as much these days and don't care. If I wanted guaranteed audience participation, I'd go to a panto! Sometimes I prefer to just watch the game unfold, the team formation or keep my eye on a certain player's performance. I'll join in when I want, but organised chanting ain't for me, some games are good, some not. You don't get points for having the loudest crowd.
The main reason why we go games is too support the team might as well give the ticket to someone who wants to support the team and just watch it on TV instead.

Sit in 114 and for at least the first part of the game I thought the Sheffield United fans we're the loudest at least English fans I've seen this season they did go Quiet though for a while mostly after there Var goal was ruled out but overall pretty decent

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.