Bring the Noise

Sounded a bit apathetic on the box mate, even our goals didn't seem to be met with great enthusiasm. Maybe everyone is just totally fucked off with recent events, I don't know.

You’re something else aren’t you?

Relentless snide digs at the fans, players and manager.

Never a blue in a million years.

Was sat in Club Wembley at our end, what you always notice at Wembley with the gap between the bottom and top tiers is it’s hard to get a unified song going as different pockets of people sing their own thing and it can take a few seconds for other blocks to catch on by which time it’s all out of sync. Villa only seemed to have about 2 songs which did help them get an atmosphere going.
Yep was there as well, agreed on the unified singing, didn’t think the atmosphere was terrible though TBF

I was near the back of 112 and we sang for most of the game but sometimes it was hard to hear the lower rows singing.
We need a simple song that all the crowd can latch onto this is what the Villa fans did and the few times they sang that Allez Allez song most of their fans joined in.
Walking back to the tube the slightly bitter Villa fans went full on City Bingo I heard the lot.
I really hope this lot go down they really are the most bitter twisted lot of all the west Midlands clubs.
They also seem to have the shortest memories unless you are talking about their tropheys of course.
Forgot how much I dislike this bunch of scrotes.
Got sick of it so I proceeded to enlighten them that I thought Grelish is an overrated diving cheating twat and he will fit right in when he signs for the Rags in the summer.
One idiot tried to argue we should sign him to which I openly laughed and explain he would get nowhere near our midfield and pointed out that he was knackered after 60 mins and that was in a game where he had done fvck all.
God they all bit at that one but at least they stopped playing City bingo at that point.

It's not like you to be so un-diplomatic!

Fewer big groups of lads seen around Wembley on Sunday; maybe more of that demographic there tomorrow? Expecting a good atmosphere tomorrow!

Hi gents, long time lurker, first time poster. There’s some great stuff on here, but this is the thread that caught my eye insofar as it’s concentrated on purely matchgoing issues. I’m a thirty year STH at Anfield and like most regular match goers, have seen any number of issues that go across most football grounds. Some of the things I’ve seen here though have surprised me slightly. For example, I never realised that there isn’t a ‘home end’ in there as such. Both my visits there were under serious intoxication, one of them a gig, so I’d not noticed. My question is whilst there is obviously a clear demand for the segregation, why hasn’t it been implemented? To be clear, this isn’t a dig, it’s a genuine question. Maine Road had the Kippax which granted wasn’t an end as such, rather a full side, but still did the job as well as any other. Seems strange that the owners have seemingly completely abandoned any kind of territorial placings ahead of huge support from the match goers. Of course, if I’m wrong or have misunderstood, happy to be corrected.

Last edited:
Hi gents, long time lurker, first time poster. There’s some great stuff on here, but this is the thread that caught my eye insofar as it’s concentrated on purely matchgoing issues. I’m a thirty year STH at Anfield and like most regular match goers, have seen any number of issues that go across most football grounds. Some of the things I’ve seen here though have surprised me slightly. For example, I never realised that there isn’t a ‘home end’ in there as such. Both my visits there were under serious intoxication, one of them a gig, so I’d not noticed. My question is whilst there is obviously a clear demand for the segregation, why hasn’t it been implemented? To be clear, this isn’t a dig, it’s a genuine question. Maine Road had the Kippax which granted wasn’t an end as such, rather a full side, but still did the job as well as any other. Seems strange that the owners have seemingly completely abandoned any kind of territorial placings ahead of huge support from the match goers. Of course, if I’m wrong or have misunderstood, happy to be corrected.
Not sure if your asking why do we not have a proper home end or your asking about segregation. There is segregation you obviously didn’t see it. There are two metal barriers about chest height either side of the away fans on every tier. The home end annoys us as well because we have to diving groups either side of the away fans meaning is hard to co ordinate songs and we are competing against three tiers of away fans. It’s likely once the north stand has been worked on that there will be a safe standing section there for singing fans.

Greater Manchester police force are much more active in safety and segregation at football matches than the Merseyside police force.

Not sure if your asking why do we not have a proper home end or your asking about segregation. There is segregation you obviously didn’t see it. There are two metal barriers about chest height either side of the away fans on every tier. The home end annoys us as well because we have to diving groups either side of the away fans meaning is hard to co ordinate songs and we are competing against three tiers of away fans. It’s likely once the north stand has been worked on that there will be a safe standing section there for singing fans.

My apologies, I’ve not worded that well. It was the home end issue I was on about. If there are away fans close to the core home fans, why don’t the club take all away supporters and stick them in a corner well away from you and give the home fans their own territory? Of course you’ll always get the odd away fan in your end but as long as they don’t act up, it’s usually fine. The singing issue was one that caught my attention, clearly there’s a will by co-ordinated fans to make things happen but the club don’t seem to reciprocate.
I’d love safe standing at our place but sadly it will never happen (for us).

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.