Bring the Noise

Total fucking cheese on toast. Incessant annoying drum banging, cringeworthy choreographed overhead clapping, monotonous songs with no words...no spontaneity, no humour, too many band geeks not watching the game...

We’ve already got better chants than any set of Ultras. We just need to sing them more and not stoop to the levels of dross in the Ultras scene.

Casuals > Ultras
Define “a casual”

That made absolutely no sense whatsoever :/
My apologies, that was a bit rushed - what i meant was...
You stopped reading at that point as you disagreed with my opinion that i would like a drum to help the atmosphere.
Supporters in the singing section near me have stopped singing.
A lot of people do not want a drum and we have not got any other idea’s how to improve the atmosphere.
We blame the club for the poor atmosphere on some occasions.
Near me they would rather stick the V’s and w@nker signs to the away fans as banter then stand there with arms folded instead of giving vocal support to the team on the pitch which is quite the opposite of a singing section.

I sit at the back of the South Stand level 1 singing section (next to the away fans) and i would gladly have a drum to keep a rythm going to keep people singing.
I’ve said this before, plenty of times people near me bang the seats up & down to try and get a song going (until the stewards tell them to stop)
You can’t tell me it doesn’t work - just look at Palace,Celtic, Rangers etc....
But when you have quite a few people against the idea, we can’t moan or see our arses when most of the section are stood there with armes folded biting their nails while about 20 of us are trying to get songs started at the back.
My honest opinion is that some of the people in the singing section aren’t there to sing but to have banter with the away fans.
I would love all 2000 or 3000 fans in our section to be constantly singing & bouncing......unfortunately we’ve not done anything like that since the Poznan.
This isn’t me having a pop at other supporters - it’s just my opinion.

i was going to post at first on the comment about some german fan getting fed up at going to the games and hearing the same songs and drum beat. He was probably one of those moaning sods that you get in all stadiums, great atmosphere at german grounds and you get a fan complaining about it !! He is probably the sort of guy that if you gave him a £20 note out of generosity he would say "id prefer two tenners" ! If he doesnt like it that much he could always stick ear phones in and watch the game instead !

Fair comments their mate, its simple really to get an atmosphere going but to many people prefer to comment on a song or drum they dislike. Just bloody sing, if somebody wants to bring a drum so what, its not going to kill us. Just go with it, cant suit everybody in the stadium but if we keep picking and choosing nobody will sing. Im not saying im a fan of a drum or dislike it but if one got used and the atmosphere was good i wouldnt get in a fluster over it. It would be great to go to a game and have the same sort of noise of Rangers / celtic.

My bugbear is people in the singing section with no intention of singing, this kills the atmosphere. Leave that area and allow people in that want to sing, also if you want to sing move in to that area. Wont need a drum or megaphone if enough fans clap and sing. Poznan didnt have a drum and listen to the noise they made.

lets get safestand in, get all the singers to group, belt songs out.

My apologies, that was a bit rushed - what i meant was...
You stopped reading at that point as you disagreed with my opinion that i would like a drum to help the atmosphere.
Supporters in the singing section near me have stopped singing.
A lot of people do not want a drum and we have not got any other idea’s how to improve the atmosphere.
We blame the club for the poor atmosphere on some occasions.
Near me they would rather stick the V’s and w@nker signs to the away fans as banter then stand there with arms folded instead of giving vocal support to the team on the pitch which is quite the opposite of a singing section.
I've been supporting City for 40+ years and the Kippax was where it was at, so to me a standing section where you can all stand and congregate with your mates is the only way we will ever get that true atmosphere back again...

It's a complete myth at any club that the atmosphere was better in the old days. The big game is always better than the not so big game. The difference is young lads could congregate in one place so maybe more songs sung but didn't always travel like it can now. Swings and roundabouts. All clubs are the same. I do not want the German way coming over here. Robotic line dancing nonsense.

i was going to post at first on the comment about some german fan getting fed up at going to the games and hearing the same songs and drum beat. He was probably one of those moaning sods that you get in all stadiums, great atmosphere at german grounds and you get a fan complaining about it !! He is probably the sort of guy that if you gave him a £20 note out of generosity he would say "id prefer two tenners" ! If he doesnt like it that much he could always stick ear phones in and watch the game instead !

Fair comments their mate, its simple really to get an atmosphere going but to many people prefer to comment on a song or drum they dislike. Just bloody sing, if somebody wants to bring a drum so what, its not going to kill us. Just go with it, cant suit everybody in the stadium but if we keep picking and choosing nobody will sing. Im not saying im a fan of a drum or dislike it but if one got used and the atmosphere was good i wouldnt get in a fluster over it. It would be great to go to a game and have the same sort of noise of Rangers / celtic.

My bugbear is people in the singing section with no intention of singing, this kills the atmosphere. Leave that area and allow people in that want to sing, also if you want to sing move in to that area. Wont need a drum or megaphone if enough fans clap and sing. Poznan didnt have a drum and listen to the noise they made.

lets get safestand in, get all the singers to group, belt songs out.

I actually play the drums and let me tell you there is nothing more annoying than some monotonous drum beat going on for 90+ minutes

It's a complete myth at any club that the atmosphere was better in the old days. The big game is always better than the not so big game. The difference is young lads could congregate in one place so maybe more songs sung but didn't always travel like it can now. Swings and roundabouts. All clubs are the same. I do not want the German way coming over here. Robotic line dancing nonsense.
Have to disagree... When you were stood in a jam packed kippax with a Beer in your hand and everyone swaying, singing and falling over each other, that was an atmosphere, which sadly looks like It has gone forever :(

I actually play the drums and let me tell you there is nothing more annoying than some monotonous drum beat going on for 90+ minutes
I understand where your coming from, but if your in a “singing section” like at Palace, Celtic etc....your bouncing up & down, shouting, singing & clapping for 90mins anyway so would the sound of a drum really spoil that or improve it? From what i’m guessing aswell, is that the drum isn’t right next to you in a seat....the drum is usually at the front of the stand isnt it? (I may be wrong)
Would the sound of people on both sides, behind and infront of you clapping for 90+ mins be as annoying?
I don’t know what the answer is?
Maybe give everyone a can of Tennants Super on the concourse before the game? Maybe interview each person and see how loud they are before giving them access to that section?
We can’t please everyone but we can all make an effort and hope it improves. Fingers crossed

Best away fans I’ve heard at the Etihad in recent years have been Atalanta who didn’t bring a drum and SheffUnited who didn’t bring a drum.

Best atmospheres I’ve been to in recent years have been City v Spurs in the CL and Liverpool v City and neither ground had a drum.

I’ve been to Palace three times and their atmosphere is shit. When you’re actually there it just sounds like a little section in the corner, the away fans make as much noise.

Last edited by a moderator:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.