Bring the Noise

Another point though n’all - is that atmosphere is mostly not about singing, it’s about getting involved with the game...

Boos, whistles, “go on”s, “fuck off”s, “oooooooooh”s when we go close, “yyyeess”s when we make a challenge or win the ball or header...

No drum, flag, tifo, song or vocal stand will never help with any of that. It just needs everyone in all areas to stop being apathetic spectators.

Two of the best atmospheres I can remember at City (2011-12 v United and 2018-19 v Liverpool), we didn’t really sing that much through either game. A bit at the start, a bit after goals and a bit at the end. But they were both mostly a cauldron of noise involved in the game.

Last edited by a moderator:
Some games the boooos and whistles start well when the opposition is on the ball, roar when we get the ball back. Then it dies down after 10 mins, we need to carry the general excitement like this from all over the stadium all through the game. Then if on top of that we have a good singing end / section belting songs out throughout the game no matter if 2 nil up or 2 nil down then we have cracked it.

I wouldn't say use a drum for every game, defo not for 90 mins either just odd songs like GUARDIOLA. Keep the drum for CL nights and some bigger cup games. Get the displays and flags going as we do. Before you know it we have a fortress.

We are part way there, we are putting things in place steadily. Like one guy posted the last chance we have is when we get the expansion / safestand. So lets not fck it up when we get it. Keen to have some marches to the stadium on big nights also.

Im sure with us lot on here and rest of singers it will happen.

I was shit last night, polite clap for each goal for my lounge, Mrs Moon wasn't in the room as she's a curse but asked when I'd finished if we'd lost I'd been that quiet.

Is it too much for the whole ground to sing "CITY ARE BACK HELLO HELLO" when the grounds full again?
Yes. By the time everyone is in their seat people will have left to go for a piss and by the time everyone gets back from the concourse after half time the early leavers will be gone.

:)

I hope you've all been doing the Poznan and booing the opposition and all that in your living rooms.

That reminds me. I once went (don't ask why) on a caravan holiday in North Wales. We went for lunch in a busy pub and Liverpool were on the telly. Before the game kicked off two overweight, middle aged women in Liverpool kits stood up in the pub and sang along to You'll Never Walk Alone. I'm not fucking joking. My arse clenched so tight I got a hernia.

I hope you've all been doing the Poznan and booing the opposition and all that in your living rooms.

That reminds me. I once went (don't ask why) on a caravan holiday in North Wales. We went for lunch in a busy pub and Liverpool were on the telly. Before the game kicked off two overweight, middle aged women in Liverpool kits stood up in the pub and sang along to You'll Never Walk Alone. I'm not fucking joking. My arse clenched so tight I got a hernia.
Pmsl, suppose that’s why they really are a special breed! ;-)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.