Bring the Noise

The attendance is going be poor tomorrow. There are seats available in every block bar 1 block. Some blocks have 100's of seats left. Tickets are £45 for an adult. Can anyone put their finger on why our home support has dropped of pf so much considering the team is fighting for the PL title, and can go back to the top of the PL table if they beat Brighton tomorrow night?
Family stand will be empty tomorrow for an 8pm kick off in school week. Brighton have only been given first tier so will be a few hundred there. Hopefully we get off to a flyer which usually helps.

The attendance is going be poor tomorrow. There are seats available in every block bar 1 block. Some blocks have 100's of seats left. Tickets are £45 for an adult. Can anyone put their finger on why our home support has dropped of pf so much considering the team is fighting for the PL title, and can go back to the top of the PL table if they beat Brighton
The attendance is going be poor tomorrow. There are seats available in every block bar 1 block. Some blocks have 100's of seats left. Tickets are £45 for an adult. Can anyone put their finger on why our home support has dropped of pf so much considering the team is fighting for the PL title, and can go back to the top of the PL table if they beat Brighton tomorrow night?
Possibly the sheer amount of games per season given the current economy is having an effect. In the past 4 years we have been in nearly every comp right till the end and the sad fact of life is paying out for football has become too much for most of us, which makes £45 for Brighton on a weds, with games coming fast, too steep for most

Some people have a thing called a job and a life outside of spending every waking second obsessing over football.

Getting to and home from a midweek game is a massive pain in the arse, and the sooner the club, the council and TFGM sort out the infrastructure, the sooner midweek matches will be better attended.

A couple of years ago I’d have been there but now I probably can’t be arsed with the faff going, frankly.

Loads on here will slag me off etc I’m sure.

leaving London at 2pm and will be home at about 3am - but I am going to be as loud as I can - time we all got behind the boys...come on Blues, if I can do a 13 hour midweek trip - then just jump on a tram (if they are working!) - but I do, in fairness, appreciate that for some the economics is getting tougher every game...

Some people have a thing called a job and a life outside of spending every waking second obsessing over football.

Getting to and home from a midweek game is a massive pain in the arse, and the sooner the club, the council and TFGM sort out the infrastructure, the sooner midweek matches will be better attended.

A couple of years ago I’d have been there but now I probably can’t be arsed with the faff going, frankly.

Loads on here will slag me off etc I’m sure.
People like you won't be happy until the club pick you up from your home and drop you back there after the game in a taxi.
Was in Madrid last week, got back home for 2 hours to collect my Wembley ticket then off again, lost my voice in the process but will be there tonight and I live 50 miles away, not a local bus ride. It's a right old faff in it.

skynews-money-tree_4737035.jpg

unfortunately, it doesn't grow on trees.

Does anyone really think it will be any different tomorrow night than the usual?
Not with that attitude it won’t be, no. But if each of us goes in with a positive attitude it might rub off on half a dozen around us and we might have a decent atmosphere that drives the team on.

leaving London at 2pm and will be home at about 3am - but I am going to be as loud as I can - time we all got behind the boys...come on Blues, if I can do a 13 hour midweek trip - then just jump on a tram (if they are working!) - but I do, in fairness, appreciate that for some the economics is getting tougher every game...
Economics is getting tougher every week, for some (and City don’t help in that regard!). For others, it’s simply that there is this massive apathy that’s set over many of our fans.

They can’t be arsed. Some go to games and can’t be arsed getting behind the team, and some can’t be arsed going full stop.

The difference between the two sets of fans on Saturday was so stark, it shocked me. We’ll see what we’re like tonight but I’ve got a feeling our fans, as a collective, don’t believe in this team this season the same way Liverpool fans believe in their team.

That’s what the difference was on Saturday. It wasn’t that London was too far away, that Wembley is a shit hole, that we’ve been too many times, or that it was too expensive (I did the trip for £30, I’ll spend more money tonight!) and that our lack of atmosphere was because it’s not a novelty for us anymore (we go 1-3 times a year not 1-3 times a month for fuck’s sake!); it’s that a lot of our fans didn’t believe we could win the treble or didn’t have the hunger for it themselves so either didn’t bother going or didn’t bother getting behind the team if they did go.

Likewise, tonight will mainly be poorly attended and have a lack of atmosphere because they haven’t got the hunger or the belief that we can win the league, or the league and CL double. Yes, money, transport, school holidays, work, the weather, that they’ve developed agoraphobia, or any other excuses are very valid for some people; but for others it’s just that they can’t be arsed and/or don’t believe in the team.

What I’ve started noticing a lot with our fanbase as well is that irregular or rare attenders aren’t going to games at all. These are the fans who take up the slack when the regulars can’t go at other clubs, but at City they aren’t doing it. I know fucking shit loads of Blues who never go. Why is this the case at our club?

Last edited by a moderator:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.