Bring the Noise

We've got the 1894 lads doing their bit but yesterday was another day where I felt like I was singing alone in the south stand. I look around me and everyone is standing and I think Ive always said we need standing to create an atmosphere yet here we all are and I'm the only one singing. We got the Blue army chant going and the atmosphere improved but before and after, not much at all.

Then I thought it takes someone starting a chant for it to get going right? And it takes a few lads joing in for everyone around to feel comfortable enough to join in. So, aswell as the 1894 group what we need is a few small groups of lads placed in each section starting and carrying on the chants. fuck knows how youd organise that but thats what we need because people seem more likely to join in after a few others have.

I agree we need more people in each block actually join in, but for me and I’ve said this before it’s the choice of song being sung which makes less people join in.

For instance after one of the goals went in the first song was about Edin Dzeko. I do not get the obsession some have in the south stand with trying to get that going and such odd timing. It’s sung more then songs about city now. Even though barely anyone joins in with it.

I was sat in the family stand level 2 and you get a perfect view of how badly the south stand is split. You’ve got the corner,115 and then you’ve got another section further to the right. For me the one towards the corner flag have got it right - they sing songs everyone knows - we love you city, blues go marching in. Even we’re not really here isn’t sung that much now.

Obviously it’s great we have more chants, i just think we need to bring back and sing more of the songs / chants that people know and join in with

Last edited:
We've got the 1894 lads doing their bit but yesterday was another day where I felt like I was singing alone in the south stand. I look around me and everyone is standing and I think Ive always said we need standing to create an atmosphere yet here we all are and I'm the only one singing. We got the Blue army chant going and the atmosphere improved but before and after, not much at all.

Then I thought it takes someone starting a chant for it to get going right? And it takes a few lads joing in for everyone around to feel comfortable enough to join in. So, aswell as the 1894 group what we need is a few small groups of lads placed in each section starting and carrying on the chants. fuck knows how youd organise that but thats what we need because people seem more likely to join in after a few others have.

It won't help if the songs are edin dzeko, allez allez, etc. Said it before where I am in 120 it is where come in city mainly get's started and in 118-119 old classic city songs are started like the vikings, city from main rd and we join in.

115 starts edin dzeko and 118-120 don't join in.

I agree we need more people in each block actually join in, but for me and I’ve said this before it’s the choice of song being sung which makes less people join in.

For instance after one of the goals went in the first song was about Edin Dzeko. I do not get the obsession some have in the south stand with trying to get that going and such odd timing. It’s sung more then songs about city now. Even though barely anyone joins in with it.

I was sat in the family stand level 2 and you get a perfect view of how badly the south stand is split. You’ve got the corner,115 and then you’ve got another section further to the right. For me the one towards the corner flag have got it right - they sing songs everyone knows - we love you city, blues go marching in. Even we’re not really here isn’t sung that much now.

Obviously it’s great we have more chants, of just think we need to bring back and sing more of the songs / chants that people know and join in with

I can't remeber the Dzeko song being sang but it was going in the toilets at half time where the atmosphere was better than at any point in the match! Not sure why it can't carry on into the ground? One thing we should do is stop showing the game in the concourse so people are less likely to stand there with a pint for 10 mins before going back in.

I go alone and I'll start a few chants but when no one joins in after a few goes you start to fee like a bit of a dick. But if theres a few lads startuing and carryong on the songs in each section I reckon the atmosphere would improve.

The obvious solution would be one full end behinf the goal but that dfoesnt seem likely.

In my usual seat in 115 amazed that 60% of season ticket holders near me were missing.
Seats were taken by families and kids , never going to get any songs going.
Moved to 115 expecting to be amongst the most diehard blues but that is not the case at all.
1984 lads do a great job but sometimes think they are flogging a dead horse.

It won't help if the songs are edin dzeko, allez allez, etc. Said it before where I am in 120 it is where come in city mainly get's started and in 118-119 old classic city songs are started like the vikings, city from main rd and we join in.

115 starts edin dzeko and 118-120 don't join in.

Yeah I'm in 118 I know what you're saying. I join in with anything tbf but I get your point. Like I said not sure how it could be arranged but a few lads in each section starting off chants would be a start.

In my usual seat in 115 amazed that 60% of season ticket holders near me were missing.
Seats were taken by families and kids , never going to get any songs going.
Moved to 115 expecting to be amongst the most diehard blues but that is not the case at all.
1984 lads do a great job but sometimes think they are flogging a dead horse.

I do sometimes wonder why someone buys a seat in the standing area then don't sing? Cheaper tickets probably.

Fucking embarrassing Saturday, great against Liverpool then possibly the worst atmosphere at the ground since then, I'm 54, sing my heart out in 119 with my wife and daughter, young lads all around singing fuck all, hang your heads in shame, fucking shambles

Reactions: Itd
Thing is it’s not just not us, never heard Chelsea sing hardly once today. Palace and Spurs at times you could hear the players shouting. Spurs have two songs. Same with a lot of stadiums. Those that come up are noisy for a season or two then same happens. Really need a proper end which is well advertised when buying season cards and tickets. The North Stand may provide that opportunity.

Fucking embarrassing Saturday, great against Liverpool then possibly the worst atmosphere at the ground since then, I'm 54, sing my heart out in 119 with my wife and daughter, young lads all around singing fuck all, hang your heads in shame, fucking shambles
My thoughts exactly. I think it’s an age think. I’m 57 sit in family stand and the only ones that start singing are blokes my age. Wtf is all that about!! Southstand is sometimes a joke, whatever 1894 are organising then bloody help them out. Im all for an organiser at the front, some larger than life character that can gee up those church mice, carry songs on, slow them down a bit and get pro city songs going. Please don’t moan about it being contrived and artificial as no one gives a flying if it works.
I’m sometimes embarrassed by the atmosphere and think that south stand have a duty to do better. I’m sure at the end of the day most of those in lower south are in there for the atmosphere anyway!

My thoughts exactly. I think it’s an age think. I’m 57 sit in family stand and the only ones that start singing are blokes my age. Wtf is all that about!! Southstand is sometimes a joke, whatever 1894 are organising then bloody help them out. Im all for an organiser at the front, some larger than life character that can gee up those church mice, carry songs on, slow them down a bit and get pro city songs going. Please don’t moan about it being contrived and artificial as no one gives a flying if it works.
I’m sometimes embarrassed by the atmosphere and think that south stand have a duty to do better. I’m sure at the end of the day most of those in lower south are in there for the atmosphere anyway!
Absolutely, fucking hell at our age we've served our time and happy to join in but fuck me trying to get the atmosphere going and we've done nearly 50 years of it!! Any young lads reading this and not singing at the match need a fucking head wobble, come on its now YOU'RE TIME!!!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.