Bring the Noise

Wow, let’s blame the tourists! Jesus wept.

There are 5000 city fans in SS3. All proper Manc Blues. Fans who were there when we were shit. Now they would rather sing in the bar FFS! 200 tops were trying to get the rest of the lazy fans singing. Even the Wolves fans sang ‘there’s only 10 of you singing’!

Let’s look at ourselves instead of always trying to blame someone else.

There are 5000 city fans in SS3. All proper Manc Blues. Fans who were there when we were shit. Now they would rather sing in the bar FFS! 200 tops were trying to get the rest of the lazy fans singing. Even the Wolves fans sang ‘there’s only 10 of you singing’!

No ones blaming the tourists for how bad the atmosphere is - I agree with what your saying. Just pointing out it was strange seeing large groups of them all along level 1 filming and celebrating goals.

Yes SS3 was poor today also. I personally find it hard to believe the crowd today is the same that lifted the roof last season against Pool. Now its unrealistic to expect that to be maintained for Wolves but the contrast was striking.

Last edited:
No ones blaming the tourists for how bad the atmosphere is - I agree with what your saying. Just pointing out it was strange seeing large groups of them all along level 1 filming and celebrating goals.

Was that in the corner between the Family and East Stand? Wondered what happened, didn't see anyone actually celebrating but noticed an argument after their first goal and then about 2 whole rows seemed to get up and leave together.

There were a large amount of tourists
In ESL1 all season. But I am with you we need to look at ourselves. I am sorry but today wasn’t even support it was shocking. I hate where I sit and would love to stand in a proper singing end. I am sure some fans must have nodded off near me. The Wolves fans were loud and our lack of support for the team was poor. Not sure what the answer is but when we criticise the team and manager as I have done today, we also have to criticise ourselves. Yes, we were there in the shit old days, but that means nothing right now.

Worst of the season today, Watford was good last game, so what happened? The singing section leads and the rest follow, but today there was nothing to join in with.

Was that in the corner between the Family and East Stand? Wondered what happened, didn't see anyone actually celebrating but noticed an argument after their first goal and then about 2 whole rows seemed to get up and leave together.

no it wasnt, but i did see that. I'm in block 107 and when the second goal went in about 20/30 people just got up randomly and started filming the away fans/ the wolves players and they were looking happy as anything . lots of people didn't like that and were openly having a go at them.

i dont know what it is, but this season in partcular, there is loads of tourists in the east stand, more then any other season. I'm not blaming them for the poor atmosphere at all. but its not right when you've got lots of people sat there - who clearly aren't city fans, happy when the opposition scores. its going to kick off, if it happens against say Liverpool.

The majority of our fan's dont turn up until kick off or just after. Today I thought it was going to be the lowest crowd of the season then just after kick off it was full. Most are on the concourse throwing shit beer down their throats. By the time they have settled in the game is well underway and they are not at the races.

I am in the south stand which was chosen and sold as the end where the hardcore fans go. It is anything but. I am noticing more and more kids and families, recently tourists and half don't join in the singing. A few of us get a song going but it soon peters out. I admire the efforts of the 1894 group for the displays and trying to improve things but I rarely hear them sing. Weren't they all supposed to be together behind the goal, did this happen? Wolves fans kept up the noise almost all game and there was only 3,000 of them. I don't think it is just our ground that has this problem, most grounds the away fan's are louder than the home ones.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.