Bristol City (A) - FA Cup | Post Match Thread

Was in the home end tonight with my Mrs who is a Bristol fan - have to give them credit they gave it a go without being total shithouses. Had a few dodgy moments in the first half tbh, but very clinical in the end.

Weak in the challenge and for an England international should be dominant against a championship side
To be fair to Philips I noticed several of our players ducking challenges they'd normally go in for.

Bristol placed more emphasis on testing themselves against City, & not necessarily on trying to win a match they were expected to lose (if that makes sense).

I noticed KDB, Lewis, Foden, Dias, Bernardo & Alvarez pull out of challenges. This match was perfect for us & Bristol. It was hard fought, but without any desperate, injury inducing challenges.

Job well done

football history tells us you can’t take these games for granted. How many times have we seen teams go into these kind of games thinking it’s going to be easy and end up getting dumped out. You still have a job to do and can’t just expect to go to these grounds on their biggest night of the year think it’ll always be easy.

So with that in mind, i think it was a good performance.

Didn’t think they were a bad side either, they had a couple of players that could probably do a good job for some premier league sides. I can see them getting decent money for that Scott, looks a good player. If I was them, I’d be sticking some future sell on fee clause in the deal when he gets sold.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.