Bristol City (A) - FA Cup | Post Match Thread

A great win and moments of pure class. Think it was midway into the second half where we just passed it about beautifully and looked more like our good old selves. A few sloppy periods, they attacked with real purpose and we got away with a few errors fortunately, but a well deserved win overall considering the number of changes.

Lewis was positive in the midfield role, I like when he looks to carry the ball as he's quick and often profits from it. His passing and defensive position was lacking at times, and he moved his arm off the Bristol lad just soon enough to avoid the penalty shout (which was soft anyway). Phil class. Alvarez tireless. De Bruyne with a bit of magic. Good to see, glad to be in the quarters and no one to fear. Hopefully a home draw or Blackburn away which is always a great away day.

A great win and moments of pure class. Think it was midway into the second half where we just passed it about beautifully and looked more like our good old selves. A few sloppy periods, they attacked with real purpose and we got away with a few errors fortunately, but a well deserved win overall considering the number of changes.

Lewis was positive in the midfield role, I like when he looks to carry the ball as he's quick and often profits from it. His passing and defensive position was lacking at times, and he moved his arm off the Bristol lad just soon enough to avoid the penalty shout (which was soft anyway). Phil class. Alvarez tireless. De Bruyne with a bit of magic. Good to see, glad to be in the quarters and no one to fear. Hopefully a home draw or Blackburn away which is always a great away day.
This game could have been a potential banana skin, as they say, but City navigated it really well and won comfortably in the end.

Sorry to hear this thought it had all gone away hope the old boy was ok didn’t see any trouble personally
I did before the game and after, was a fair old ruck by the Nova Scotia before the game and then there was some trouble on Winterstoke Road afterwards between two groups.

A banana skin and media wank fest avoided.

With something of a makeshift team......we never looked 100% comfortable but we did ok,some shakey moments and a couple of poor individual performances aside.

Foden was MOTM by a distance,even physically he looked so much better than he has ever done,this little lay off/set back may have been just the ticket.

Good to see Philips with 90 mins,he wasnt great but its a platform.I thought KDB had a far better second half,the magic was back with that pass and goal,but he definitely needs players with energy and fight around him to allow for his 'slacker moments'.

Nice little cameos for Perrone and Palmer.

This is our Cup if we want it.
I agree this cup is ours to lose

e3trhgg946la1.jpg

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.