Bristol City AWAY Ticket Details

I think some people are forgetting the huge increase in demand since the Premier League insisted on £30 for away fans.

My Everton ticket stub from 2014-15 confirm that it cost £49, whilst United, Liverpool, Chelsea and Arsenal were even worse..

Of course the club should be more accountable, but that was one of the better ideas, albeit with unforeseen consequences further down the line,

However, this particular fixture would be less of an issue if the club had a separate points system for the cup competitions, thus ensuing that the first priority were the fans who travelled to West Brom and Leicester,

I think some people are forgetting the huge increase in demand since the Premier League insisted on £30 for away fans.

My Everton ticket stub from 2014-15 confirm that it cost £49, whilst United, Liverpool, Chelsea and Arsenal were even worse..

Of course the club should be more accountable, but that was one of the better ideas, albeit with unforeseen consequences further down the line,

However, this particular fixture would be less of an issue if the club had a separate points system for the cup competitions, thus ensuing that the first priority were the fans who travelled to West Brom and Leicester,

Arsenal and Chelsea were half price that season, however Chelsea sold out about 2k points more which exposed a big problem starting.

Arsenal and Chelsea were half price that season, however Chelsea sold out about 2k points more which exposed a big problem starting.

I think some of the London games sold out early around that time because City asked for the smaller allocation. Thus, I had friends who couldn't even get a ticket for the supposed "boycott" game in 2013 (£62?)
However, despite all the valid complaints, I'm sure that the £30 cap has also made a huge difference

I think some of the London games sold out early around that time because City asked for the smaller allocation. Thus, I had friends who couldn't even get a ticket for the supposed "boycott" game in 2013 (£62?)
However, despite all the valid complaints, I'm sure that the £30 cap has also made a huge difference

The smaller allocation thing started after Brum in 2004/05 but had ended by 2011, more just went out the back door and that season was a tipping point.

Yes, I think our allocation was about 2,200 for the, “£62 and we’re stilll here game.”

And you’d be right.

Buying my house and getting married got in the way of me being able to attend as much for 2 seasons in between then and now.

Well done on going to as many games as you can and I apologise for my lack of loyalty.

However, I’d still say that if the system was actually fair and the club did something to try and ensure that the Seasoncard on which the ticket was bought on actually attends the match I’d have more chance of being as loyal as you are. Nowadays I have very little opportunity to do so, in the premier league in particular.

To be honest I’m no longer even that arsed. Liverpool away last season was a pile of shit due to all the tourist, half & half scarve wearing tools in the away end and it was then when I became nowhere near as arsed as I’ve been in the past.

I’m happy to go to the games I qualify for as and when I can go (Saturdays). I’m not whinging about me not qualifying for Bristol city away. I’m only giving an opinion on the system and how in my eyes it’s manipulated, unfair and out of date.

I think 99.9% of people on here (including me) think your priorities are correct; life first, football second.

All I'm saying is it isn't the system at fault in this particular case.

I think 99.9% of people on here (including me) think your priorities are correct; life first, football second.

All I'm saying is it isn't the system at fault in this particular case.

The system has contributed to my current situation with regards away tickets, so it's partly the systems fault. Had I remained a platinum supporter and purchased all tickets that I qualified for, regardless of whether I was going or not during the two years I was saving every penny I could then, I'd still qualify for the vast majority of games probably. I didn't so it's hard cheese for me and I can live with that as, like I've already said, I'm not as arsed about every away game as I used to be. Personally, I'm happy with what I've qualified for so far. Throw in Spurs, West Ham, a Euro trip and a Wembley appearance in the cup and that'll do me for a season of away games. (Not too happy about having to pay an extra £50 per season ticket for the privilege though)

I'd say that the lack of policing the current points system is making it unfair and the club could and should do something to ensure that a) Tickets are being used by the season card holder that has purchased it. b) Ensure that the hard core of our support get more privilege than anybody else, including corporates and those that can afford the expensive season tickets. c) Devise a system upon which younger supporters can get the opportunity to attend away games without the need of someone else's season card.

Those that have been going to all or even the majority of games over the last 10-20 years will have no issues with any revised system because they'll always go and accrue the points needed to remain at the top. I'd say that there's about 800-1300 in this bracket. For an away allocation of 2500 - 3000 there could be a 10-15% put into a ballot for supporters who are lower down the ladder. This could help younger supporters in particular getting their own tickets and their own points.

Preventing the buying and selling on of the tickets in the 1st place though is key to any system.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.