Bristol City HOME game tickets

Cheers Don I used to be a member of your Prestwich & Whitefield supporters club and read your book about Navy life etc,had some fantastic nights in the club especially when you got Kevin Keegan in it brought the house down.
Your hard work and dedication in running that supporters club was greatly appreciated by many,including me.
Thank you i have another book coming out in Febuary .
We Never Win At Home
We Never We Win Away
The inside story of Manchester Citys Legendary fans will keep you updated regards Don

People don't seem to grasp that, as much as we take the piss out of the rags for their out of town support, a PL survey showed that over a third of our regulars travelled a significant distance.

Some will be there tonight I'm sure but the majority, with work, travel, kids at school, probably won't. Of the 17 friends & family I know, at least half a dozen won't be there tonight.

obviously people have genuine reasons, such as travel or they can't afford it, but i just think a lot of season ticket holders, no matter how cheap it is, just can't be bothered with cup or champions league games. we have more then enough local fans to sell this game out - the wolves game showed that. It could be price possibly ? i think its 20 quid on general sale, instead of 10 quid like against wolves.

a large number of people that attend these games are through general sale, not season ticket holders.

Meanwhile, because I was tardy enough to leave booking my usual 3 tickets for Burnley until last Tuesday, it was sold out and I missed my first F.A. Cup home game in 40 years. Thanks Johnny Come Lately and your crew who will be competing for Cup final tickets when we get there.

The City loyalty scheme is buggered and needs a good looking at, buying double points, allowing those in the cup schemes to jump the queue even though they may have only had a season ticket for next to no time, absolute bollox.

If you join the Cup Schemes you are committing to all home games for that competition for that season.
This will obviously (and correctly) earn you priority over people who don't make that commitment.
Nothing wrong with that.
Why didn't you join the FA Cup scheme? It wouldn't have cost you anything.

obviously people have genuine reasons, such as travel or they can't afford it, but i just think a lot of season ticket holders, no matter how cheap it is, just can't be bothered with cup or champions league games. we have more then enough local fans to sell this game out - the wolves game showed that. It could be price possibly ? i think its 20 quid on general sale, instead of 10 quid like against wolves.

a large number of people that attend these games are through general sale, not season ticket holders.

There are two brothers that I used to see in the pub before and after the game. I saw one of them the other week, both are still season ticket holders and we were talking about tonight, I asked if both were going. The reply 'Nah are kids not in the cup scheme' I think that sums up a lot of City fans, when at Maine Road a large number would go to every league match without fail but the cups were a different matter.

we have more then enough local fans to sell this game out - the wolves game showed that. It could be price possibly ? i think its 20 quid on general sale, instead of 10 quid like against wolves.
I think there are rules about minimum prices for each round, so maybe this was the minimum that could be charged, and secondly the two clubs have to agree prices for a 2 legged semi final, so maybe Bristol C wanted a higher price ?

Its hardly expensive compared to most football matches anyway, so I doubt cost is the biggest factor, the opponent (no disrespect to Bristol C), it being another midweek game, and it being straight after the Christmas/New Year holiday will be the bigger factors imho, and if we get over 45,000 it'll still be a very good crowd.

I think there are rules about minimum prices for each round, so maybe this was the minimum that could be charged, and secondly the two clubs have to agree prices for a 2 legged semi final, so maybe Bristol C wanted a higher price ?

Its hardly expensive compared to most football matches anyway, so I doubt cost is the biggest factor, the opponent (no disrespect to Bristol C), it being another midweek game, and it being straight after the Christmas/New Year holiday will be the bigger factors imho, and if we get over 45,000 it'll still be a very good crowd.

i agree mate, its not expensive. i think its really good pricing for a semi final. but i think it can make a difference and it could be a factor. even just a 10 quid increase. if it was a tenner i think more would have thought you can't turn that down and gone. Iim not saying people can't afford it or people are being priced out/its too expensive.

also I think people would rather spend it on something else as well or going to other games. for instance i know people that decided to go the basel game instead which i think is a similar price ?. i agree with everything else you've said btw.

Also the season finishes too early, 13th May, Champions League is the 26th and the World Cup doesn't start until the 14th June. Surely the season could have run a week longer with games scheduled for the 19th creating more flexibility in the calendar.

The FA Cup Final is the weekend in between and has been for the past few seasons. People used to kick off that it wasn't after the end of the season as it took away some of the prestige of the competition (eg Wigan getting relegated 3 days after winning it).

I doubt we will get to know the real figure but that was a very low crowd and nowhere near 45000. Pretty pathetic really .

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.