Brit stand up comics

idahoblues

OK, so who are the best stand up comedians in britain right now? I grew up with Jasper Carrot, Billy Connolly and Ben Elton. I've lived away for too long and miss the humour. In this day and age I should be able to `you tube' some good shit...any suggestions?

There are some seriously unfunny comedians currently stealing a living over here, but there are a few gems. it depends entirely on your taste.
The main problem seems to be they only have enough material for one show. They bring out a really good dvd and then dine out on it for the rest of their careers(Peter Kay).
I like Jimmy Carr, Sean Lock and Micky Flanagan. Jimeoin has his moments too. Jason Manford is ok but he seems to be suffering from not having enough material too.
Frankie Boyle for shock value but once you get over the shock he's not that funny. Rhod Gilbert is ok too, but stay away from Russell Howard and Justin Lee Collins. Their CV says comedian, but it should read wanker.
A lot of people like Stewart Lee, but personally I think he's a smug wanker.

We're so behind it's depressing. Every modern British comic is out for a sitcom/McKintyre slot/supermarket advert as soon as possible. Furthermore, they're mostly shit.

The Great British vice is feeling superior to the next man. We aren't noble, we aren't sophisticated. We're insecure, servile, materialistic arseholes. We each yearn for a mythical past related to us by some latterly unsavoury relative and embellished by our hysterical, immature minds. By turns we are irrational, fearful, bold and brilliant and quite habitually we are astute in self-deprecation.

Which makes the existence of FUCKING RINGPIECES like Jack Whitehall, Russell Howard and the ever-expanding Sarah Millican utterly, utterly galling.

When I first moved to the states I couldn't believe how unfunny the humour over here was.
25 years has made me soft and there are a lot of good in your face stand up's, love Ray White, but do miss the english twist. I loved Les Dawson's terror of Whitley Bay and many that I can't remember names of( yes had some beer tonight)....Richard Prior was an eye opener to the states as we'd been brought up thinking all american humour was dukes of hazard etc...still, haven't really heard too many people coming close to derek and Clive

johnny on the spot said:
The Great British vice is feeling superior to the next man. We aren't noble, we aren't sophisticated. We're insecure, servile, materialistic arseholes. We each yearn for a mythical past related to us by some latterly unsavoury relative and embellished by our hysterical, immature minds. By turns we are irrational, fearful, bold and brilliant and quite habitually we are astute in self-deprecation.

Which makes the existence of FUCKING RINGPIECES like Jack Whitehall, Russell Howard and the ever-expanding Sarah Millican utterly, utterly galling.
Welcome to humanity! The truth is, we're all the same but people love to put national characteristics to others, somehow thinking the country they're residing in is in some way superior to ...

Recently watched Kevin Bridges, Rhod Glibert, McIntyre

Like Gilbert, Bridges was ok, Greg Davies, Tim Vine, Stewart Francis

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.