British Lions

davelyncooper

Proud of the lads and even more so the magnificent fans.(over fifteen thousand of them who travelled half way round the world)

Still believe football has a hell of a lot to learn from Rugby Union especially when it comes to respect for the ref.

davelyncooper said:
Proud of the lads and even more so the magnificent fans.(over fifteen thousand of them who travelled half way round the world)

Still believe football has a hell of a lot to learn from Rugby Union especially when it comes to respect for the ref.
Some of our Irish posters may be on here shortly to, er, reply to you. Best blow the cobwebs off that tin hat!!

Great result today I had Shane Williams to score first try today 12/1 so will get back €65 not bad. Williams should of got more game time against SA he would of been better than the other wingers who got a shot before him.

Overall best Lions player for me Rob Kearney justs pips Mike Phillips that bloke is a great talent centre or scrum half and some of the hits he puts in. Amazing. Good to see Heaslip get back to some sort of form of the 6 Nations made some good brakes. The Lions will be gutted as they should of come away with the series win only for poor decisions by the coaching team.

leighton said:
Great result today I had Shane Williams to score first try today 12/1 so will get back €65 not bad. Williams should of got more game time against SA he would of been better than the other wingers who got a shot before him.

Overall best Lions player for me Rob Kearney justs pips Mike Phillips that bloke is a great talent centre or scrum half and some of the hits he puts in. Amazing. Good to see Heaslip get back to some sort of form of the 6 Nations made some good brakes. The Lions will be gutted as they should of come away with the series win only for poor decisions by the coaching team.

What about Steven Jones? You can't ignore his efforts. As for Shane Williams he had the most chances of any player to prove his form prior to the tests. But it was good to see most, if not all, of the younger players doing really well.
Going for a 'lightweight' mobile pack in the first test let us down.
However, it was also an important win for the Lions concept

football has a hell of a lot to learn from Rugby Union especially when it comes to respect for the ref.

The ONLY thing in my opinion.
Apart from that Rugby Union is a disgrace. I have personal experience its yobbish 'hooray Henry' fans terrorising a waiting room/bar at a rail station forcing everyone else outside. Their boorish, immature, misogyny is embarrassingly childish, as are their pathetic songs. The game's administrators seem incapable of doing something about the thuggery that is ruining the game and leading to kids leaving in droves. Considering how few people actually play the game or even watch it live it is given a ludicrously disproportionate amount of air time.

Still can't understand how a team that hand picks the best players from 4 of the strongest rugby nations cannot beat one nation.

Immaculate Pasta said:
Still can't understand how a team that hand picks the best players from 4 of the strongest rugby nations cannot beat one nation.
Probably something to do with the fact that the Lion's team is cobbled together and aren't used to playing alongside one another. The Lions only tour every 4 years. Added to that, the fact that they are playing the World Champions, in their own back yard. Also, they should have won at least one of the first two tests (last week).

jimharri said:
Immaculate Pasta said:
Probably something to do with the fact that the Lion's team is cobbled together and aren't used to playing alongside one another. The Lions only tour every 4 years. Added to that, the fact that they are playing the World Champions, in their own back yard. Also, they should have won at least one of the first two tests (last week).

I reckon if you got the best players from England, Argentina, Brazil and Spain they could beat Italy easily or any other nation in football.

denislawsbackheel said:
football has a hell of a lot to learn from Rugby Union especially when it comes to respect for the ref.

The ONLY thing in my opinion.
Apart from that Rugby Union is a disgrace. I have personal experience its yobbish 'hooray Henry' fans terrorising a waiting room/bar at a rail station forcing everyone else outside. Their boorish, immature, misogyny is embarrassingly childish, as are their pathetic songs. The game's administrators seem incapable of doing something about the thuggery that is ruining the game and leading to kids leaving in droves. Considering how few people actually play the game or even watch it live it is given a ludicrously disproportionate amount of air time.

And in my experience, if you had said that to any member of the team I played for they would have each stood in your face and tell you how stupid you sound. There was not one "hooray Henry" amoungst them.
As for "kids leaving in droves", again, in my experience the club I played for now puts out 2 'kids' teams, there were none 3 years ago.
I would venture to suggest that you have never played, and hence, would never have a clue as to what it is about in any way or aspect. If I'm wrong, please enlighten me.
Rugby is so much of a "disgrace" that its mini-form, ie 7's, is being considered as a future Olympic sport! How can that be I wonder?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.