Brown Envelopes.......

Prestwich_Blue said:
St Helens Blue (Exiled) said:
blue cigar said:
it would hardly be a shock if/when it comes out that he is not entirely on the level.he has to pay for his hair transplant as well you know.

Never mind the future. He has been involved in dodgy business transactions involving brown envelopes before.
Yes but do you know who he was allegedly getting them from?

The postman ?

A little extract from Wiki regarding Mr Clattenburg.

Clattenburg has also encountered contempt when officiating two fixtures between Tottenham Hotspur and Manchester United. In 2005 when Tottenham's Pedro Mendes had a long-range shot fumbled over the line by United goalkeeper Roy Carroll, neither Clattenburg or his assistants were in a position to award the goal. Five years later, in October 2010, he allowed to stand a United goal scored under controversial circumstances (although strictly correct under game laws) when Nani tapped the ball into the net while Spurs keeper Heurelho Gomes believed his team had a free-kick.[31]

taconinja said:
Prestwich_Blue said:
St Helens Blue (Exiled) said:
Never mind the future. He has been involved in dodgy business transactions involving brown envelopes before.
I actually do not. Mind if I ask?
I don't mind at all. Shall we say it was allegedly a former politician who used to own a PL club.

Interesting thing here. At the beginning of the 2008/9 season, Clattenburg was suspended, then sacked, then reinstated. At the end of that season one singularly dodgy ref retired early and another was offered a position outside football, which he took up the following year. You can work out the names for yourself.

In 2008 the FA paid a lot of money for a dossier prepared by an expert in the Far Eastern betting markets that claimed to show a correlation between suspicious betting patterns and "odd" refereeing decisions. But I'm sure there is no connection between that and one ref being suspended and two being quietly forced out. Mere coincidence.

I know that another similar report was commissioned early this year (or late last) and a ref who had been a thorn in our side made a sharp exit from PL refereeing. And no one ever explained why Lee Mason was removed from two of our games at very short notice.

Prestwich_Blue said:
taconinja said:
Prestwich_Blue said:
I don't mind at all. Shall we say it was allegedly a former politician who used to own a PL club.

Interesting thing here. At the beginning of the 2008/9 season, Clattenburg was suspended, then sacked, then reinstated. At the end of that season one singularly dodgy ref retired early and another was offered a position outside football, which he took up the following year. You can work out the names for yourself.

In 2008 the FA paid a lot of money for a dossier prepared by an expert in the Far Eastern betting markets that claimed to show a correlation between suspicious betting patterns and "odd" refereeing decisions. But I'm sure there is no connection between that and one ref being suspended and two being quietly forced out. Mere coincidence.

I know that another similar report was commissioned early this year (or late last) and a ref who had been a thorn in our side made a sharp exit from PL refereeing. And no one ever explained why Lee Mason was removed from two of our games at very short notice.
Without sarcasm, the FA must have people who are solely employed to keep these things quiet.

taconinja said:
Prestwich_Blue said:
taconinja said:

Without sarcasm, the FA must have people who are solely employed to keep these things quiet.
The British Establishment are very good at keeping things quiet. There's so much money at stake for so many people in the PL that there's a huge vested interest in doing so.

Prestwich_Blue said:
taconinja said:
Prestwich_Blue said:

PB, what was the name of the guy's blog?
I read it for three days non-stop but quite a bit got removed after completing his report

Prestwich_Blue said:
taconinja said:
Prestwich_Blue said:

The British Establishment are very good at keeping things quiet. There's so much money at stake for so many people in the PL that there's a huge vested interest in doing so.

It's exactly the same scenario as the Jimmy Savile case, he was earning lots of money for various charities was considered a national treasure etc, far to big to be taken down, hence big cover ups.

The Rags have a huge armchair fan base, who are also very fickle but they buy newspapers and subscribe to TV channels across the world, without them a lot of money would be lost

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.