Brown or Red sauce

crystal_mais said:
Has to be Brown with bacon and sausages - I call them butties, barm is for anybody south of Manchester

just off the track abit. Made a Chinese last week and did'nt cleant the pan too well, so there was a little layer of soya sauce, anyway fried my bacon in the morning and they became coated in soya sauce. Now they tasted good!!!

Moss Side, south of Manchester?

People who call em' butties are either from the gene puddle which is Wigan or Burnley, or they still cut thier toast into soldiers in the morn.

Fcking Chinese food lovers, a banquet of an hour to arrive, a forgotten burp of blandness, the next.

Don't turn this into another Balti pie thread, my friend.

Forgive them, they know not what they do.

tommyducks said:
Barms are the spawn of inbred yonners. Real mancs eat butties and muffins.

Real Mancs have or have had an M14 postcode or lived up to the boundary of Lloyd Street South or Wilmslow Road as far as Withington/Burnage.

This makes the club we support 'inbred yonners' - the same argument we have with the borough of Trafford lot for over 100 years.

Nice location, Sussex, eh Tommy.

Enjoy your fokking savaloy or patrami on rye at lunch.

we're the Barm-y army.

tolmie's hairdoo said:
tommyducks said:
Barms are the spawn of inbred yonners. Real mancs eat butties and muffins.

Real Mancs have or have had an M14 postcode or lived up to the boundary of Lloyd Street South or Wilmslow Road as far as Withington/Burnage.

This makes the club we support 'inbred yonners' - the same argument we have with the borough of Trafford lot for over 100 years.

Nice location, Sussex, eh Tommy.

Enjoy your fokking savaloy or patrami on rye at lunch.

we're the Barm-y army.
Sorry, I forgot that moving from Manchester was prohibited!

tolmie's hairdoo said:
crystal_mais said:
Has to be Brown with bacon and sausages - I call them butties, barm is for anybody south of Manchester

just off the track abit. Made a Chinese last week and did'nt cleant the pan too well, so there was a little layer of soya sauce, anyway fried my bacon in the morning and they became coated in soya sauce. Now they tasted good!!!

Moss Side, south of Manchester?

People who call em' butties are either from the gene puddle which is Wigan or Burnley, or they still cut thier toast into soldiers in the morn.

Fcking Chinese food lovers, a banquet of an hour to arrive, a forgotten burp of blandness, the next.

Don't turn this into another Balti pie thread, my friend.

Forgive them, they know not what they do.

Come on mate, thats abit unfair. I had'nt actually read you earlier post regarding the chippy in Moss Side.
I have lived most of my life in Tameside apart from 6 years in the Midlands when I was at Uni and that was the first time I ever heard somebody refer to muffin as a barm.

As for Bland Chinese food, you must order the wrong dishes....

And to elaborate further - Muffins are in actual fact a breakfast meal. Usually toasted, slighter slimmer in diameter, and can by no stretch of the imagination, be considered sturdy enough to take on board chips.

Think you will find they are called Lancashire bottom muffins, made by said company.

Go into any bakery across Manchester, suburbs, Greggs, Greenhalghs etc, they don't advertise a dozen muffins, it's a dozen barm cakes.

In Scotland they are called rolls or cobs - more of a crunchier texture, possibly the king of breads.

Square Sausage (brown sauce) now that's a fookin meal.

Manchester - keeping it a muffin free zone for 100 years!

As a further weight to my argument. Why don't the muffin preachers go into Starbucks and ask for a muffin with their skinny latte.

You will be surely disappointed at what they offer you.

The buttie crew, as said previously, just a sad collection of inbreds who think it is 'cutesy' and that white bread has some sort of nutritional value.

I now live in Cheshire and have not forgotten my barm roots.

I only really heard of barms when I went to work as a missionary in Yorkshire. I agree that the blueberry muffin is a ridiculous yuppie concept. Real oven bottom muffins are the issue here.

tolmie's hairdoo said:
And to elaborate further - Muffins are in actual fact a breakfast meal. Usually toasted, slighter slimmer in diameter, and can by no stretch of the imagination, be considered sturdy enough to take on board chips.

Think you will find they are called Lancashire bottom muffins, made by said company.

Go into any bakery across Manchester, suburbs, Greggs, Greenhalghs etc, they don't advertise a dozen muffins, it's a dozen barm cakes.

In Scotland they are called rolls or cobs - more of a crunchier texture, possibly the king of breads.

Square Sausage (brown sauce) now that's a fookin meal.

Manchester - keeping it a muffin free zone for 100 years!

As a further weight to my argument. Why don't the muffin preachers go into Starbucks and ask for a muffin with their skinny latte.

You will be surely disappointed at what they offer you.

The buttie crew, as said previously, just a sad collection of inbreds who think it is 'cutesy' and that white bread has some sort of nutritional value.

I now live in Cheshire and have not forgotten my barm roots.

A barmy bread connoisseur

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.