Bruce Springsteen Etihad In May

looking forward to it , saw him at Leeds Roundhay park in 84 and Bramhall lane , Sheffield in 86 , the show will be 4 hours minimum , hes doing the River double album in its entirety , plus he'll be doing loads of his other stuff , he usually likes to cover a famous local bands song during the show , in Sheffield he did a Joe Cocker song , in Leeds he did "twist and shout" , must have got it mixed up with Liverpool ( northern city begining with L ) be interesting to see which Manchester bands song he covers , Love will tear us apart , would be perfect in my opinion .
Springsteen always gives 110% and he leaves nothing on the park , he'll go past 11 trust me

Last edited:
sheffield was 88 my 1st springsteen gig ;) saw him at villa that year too,then milton keynes 93, m.e.n99,old trafford cc 03,m.en06,the swamp08,etihad12,recoh arena13,etihad tommorow:D with the european tour though hes mixing it up,not doing the full river album definately a 3hour plus gig tho.

Not so sure he is doing the full river album, he appears to have ditched that idea on this leg of the tour.

Email and ticket say 6:30 start but I'd imagine he'll be on more like 7:15 (going to be in my seat at 6:30 though, just in case.)

sheffield was 88 my 1st springsteen gig ;) saw him at villa that year too,then milton keynes 93, m.e.n99,old trafford cc 03,m.en06,the swamp08,etihad12,recoh arena13,etihad tommorow:D with the european tour though hes mixing it up,not doing the full river album definately a 3hour plus gig tho.
Your right Sheffield was 88 and Leeds was 85 , so i got them both wrong , blame it on old age : )

Not so sure he is doing the full river album, he appears to have ditched that idea on this leg of the tour.

Email and ticket say 6:30 start but I'd imagine he'll be on more like 7:15 (going to be in my seat at 6:30 though, just in case.)

They aren't doing the full River album anymore. According to SVZ, Bruce likes to be spontaneous too much and the band find out what the next song is about 15 seconds before they have to play it.

They aren't doing the full River album anymore. According to SVZ, Bruce likes to be spontaneous too much and the band find out what the next song is about 15 seconds before they have to play it.
Looks like you're right if Setlist is right. Last few gigs have changed a lot. A repeat of the Bernabeu set would be superb....

Looking forward to this one immensely

looking forward to it , saw him at Leeds Roundhay park in 84 and Bramhall lane , Sheffield in 86 , the show will be 4 hours minimum , hes doing the River double album in its entirety , plus he'll be doing loads of his other stuff , he usually likes to cover a famous local bands song during the show , in Sheffield he did a Joe Cocker song , in Leeds he did "twist and shout" , must have got it mixed up with Liverpool ( northern city begining with L ) be interesting to see which Manchester bands song he covers , Love will tear us apart , would be perfect in my opinion .
Springsteen always gives 110% and he leaves nothing on the park , he'll go past 11 trust me
Still got my Leeds ticket (and as mentioned, it was 85)

From somebody who runs the concert/ents bit at the club - scheduled for 6.30 start, thats the info they have

(though they may just be going off what it says on the tickets?)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.