Bruce Springsteen fans?

I've seen him more than a few times live, and he is a real entertainer.

His concert at Old Trafford cricket ground was especially good.

It's been a puzzle over the years after seeing his Tunnel of Love gig at Bramhall Lane that I can't recall any song from that album he has played live since then. I think it's one of his better albums.

Maybe he doesn't rate it.

Really??
I can't imagine any REAL City fan not watching a Cup Final to watch a band??
Piss poor that...

I agree ! I queued all night to get tickets for that Apollo concert same Thursday night as the cup final replay but sold my ticket to a mate. Had to go to the replay surely the blues come first ! I went off springsteen soon after. Can't stand airhead stadium rockers !Give me Steely Dan any day. Still each to his own.

Love Springsteen and have seen him on every tour since 1988. Not a huge fan of his later material but he's one of my favourite artists with tonnes of classic albums under his belt from the early Wild, Innocent, Shuffle through to Darkness and Nebraska, not to mention Born to Run and The Rising. He's a great performer who knows how to work a crowd and leave it all out on the stage.

I've seen him in stadiums, fields, arenas and theatres and although the smaller the venue the better he's still one of the best stadium artists I've seen. His live concerts he's releasing at the moment from his website have been the musical highlights for me of the last couple of years.

I agree ! I queued all night to get tickets for that Apollo concert same Thursday night as the cup final replay but sold my ticket to a mate. Had to go to the replay surely the blues come first ! I went off springsteen soon after. Can't stand airhead stadium rockers !Give me Steely Dan any day. Still each to his own.
We must have been in the queue together then as we were there all night. I love Steely Dan as well and went to see them at the NEC a few years ago but found them a bit disappointing. They didn't really get going till the last 5 or 6 songs.

We must have been in the queue together then as we were there all night. I love Steely Dan as well and went to see them at the NEC a few years ago but found them a bit disappointing. They didn't really get going till the last 5 or 6 songs.

I've seen the Dan six or seven times and loved every one of their shows, but they are my heroes so I will undoubtedly be biased. I'm just not a fan of overblown rock stars in massive venues. I prefer a little more subtlety, wit and sophistication and in that respect the Dan are incomparable as musicians and songwriters. Bruce is very good though, I was only joking, and a cut above many of his rock star peers.

I've seen the Dan six or seven times and loved every one of their shows, but they are my heroes so I will undoubtedly be biased. I'm just not a fan of overblown rock stars in massive venues. I prefer a little more subtlety, wit and sophistication and in that respect the Dan are incomparable as musicians and songwriters. Bruce is very good though, I was only joking, and a cut above many of his rock star peers.
The NEC wasn't the best venue for a band like Steely Dan. Springsteen was staggeringly good at the Apollo but lost something when I saw him at the NEC a few days later. One of the best gigs I ever saw was Nils Lofgren at Rockworld on Oxford St when he was doing a warm-up for a tour. People stood up, in a smoky cellar and you could virtually touch him. Brilliant.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.