Bruges away anyone?

Just for the record, the 48 hour rule is only for EU residents, if you are a UK resident, you should quarantine until negative result of test on day 1 or 2 in belgium (no matter how long you are staying and assuming you are double jabbed).

However, knowing the Belgian government the odds of getting checked up is very small. Good luck getting here and enjoy the city/game/beer
Welcome to the board.

That was the case until about a month ago and the advisory is on the Belgian COVID website and is applicable to travellers from a third country (ie non EU) on the red list. Hard to keep track sometimes but we've all been checking regularly.

Essentially those vaccinated and staying less than 48 hours are ok, those staying more than 48 hours have to quarantine until negative test OR present proof of negative PCR taken within 72 hours of arrival.

Hopefully we'll all be ok.

Do you have any personal recommendations for Brugge?

Last edited:
Ffs....have you a link to it?
Just put sworn statement of absence of covid France in ,it comes up on the Eurostar site no idea if we are going to need it or not
May as well download your covid pass and print that off at the same time

Last edited:
Welcome to the board.

That was the case until about a month ago and the advisory is on the Belgian COVID website and is applicable to travellers from a third country (ie non EU) on the red list. Hard to keep track sometimes but we've all been checking regularly.

Essentially those vaccinated and staying less than 48 hours are ok, those staying more than 48 hours have to quarantine until negative test OR present proof of negative PCR taken within 72 hours of arrival.

Hopefully we'll all be ok.

Do you have any personal recommendations for Brugge?
Great news.

You could try to visit the local brewery 'Halve maan'
They produce 'Brugse zot' and is in the city center:

Also the smallest pub in Bruges has a local beer: De Garre

The chocolate line (most famous chocolatier in belgium is in bruges)
Not that cheap, but worth it

If you go with eurostar to Lille and then go by train to Bruges, you pass Kortrijk, which is also a very nice city if you have spare time.

Great news.

You could try to visit the local brewery 'Halve maan'
They produce 'Brugse zot' and is in the city center:

Also the smallest pub in Bruges has a local beer: De Garre

The chocolate line (most famous chocolatier in belgium is in bruges)
Not that cheap, but worth it

If you go with eurostar to Lille and then go by train to Bruges, you pass Kortrijk, which is also a very nice city if you have spare time.
Thanks very much for the reccommendations! I'll definitely check them out - I'd heard about the zot so now I know where to find it. Cheers

I'm traveling on Saturday to get to a few different games and have some time on Monday and Tuesday for sightseeing. Kortrijk might have to wait until next time but I am hoping to go to Roeselare to see Club Brugge U21s v City U21s on matchday.

Ffs....have you a link to it?
PDF at the bottom of the page

PDF at the bottom of the page
Thanks for that much appreciated.

Re Belgian locator form it states this can be done up to 6 months before departure on the form I have but people on here saying 48 hours of departure as per UK?

Anyone filled theres in yet?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.