Bruno Fernandes

Status
Not open for further replies.
He looks like an enhanced version of Gundogan,which,as previously stated,would mean him seriously challenging for the berths currently occupied by KDB and potentially Bernardo and Foden.

Our need for a defensive midfielder would still exist,and this would be a big chunk of money on a player that is potentially 'just' an awesome alternative/luxury.

He looks like an enhanced version of Gundogan,which,as previously stated,would mean him seriously challenging for the berths currently occupied by KDB and potentially Bernardo and Foden.

Our need for a defensive midfielder would still exist,and this would be a big chunk of money on a player that is potentially 'just' an awesome alternative/luxury.
I've been thinking that, but I suppose with David seemingly slowing down if Gundogan goes we are one injury , like KDB s from only having 2 ,say Bernardo and Foden for two positions to last a season.

fully agree.

Disagree. Bernardo is a 1st choice RW now, so it leaves KdB, David Silva (on the wane) and Foden (too young) for 2 spots in midfield if Gundo goes - which isn't enough. Another CM or RW (to move Bernardo inside) is needed, Bruno Fernandes could be the answer.

Disagree. Bernardo is a 1st choice RW now, so it leaves KdB, David Silva (on the wane) and Foden (too young) for 2 spots in midfield if Gundo goes - which isn't enough. Another CM or RW (to move Bernardo inside) is needed, Bruno Fernandes could be the answer.

I'm hoping Bernardo playing RW is temporary while Pep has had the welcome problem of shoehorning our current players into the 11.When David retires,i would like to see him in his best role.

Fair argument. Id always pictured Bernado heading back to the middle. But this is quite possible.

I'm hoping Bernardo playing RW is temporary while Pep has had the welcome problem of shoehorning our current players into the 11.When David retires,i would like to see him in his best role.

Perhaps Guardiola thinks RW is his best role....? It's where he played for Monaco, where he plays for Portugal and where he's played 90% of his games under Pep - Even when Silva or KDB have been hurt.

With Gundo allegedly off (if we're negotiating with Sporting for Fernandes, that's a clear indicator it's happening) and Silva regressing at an alarming rate, I think going into next season with KDB, Bernardo, Silva and Foden is a bit of a risk, as good as it looks on paper.

KDB has been plagued with injuries and as much as we want to avoid it, I'd be surprised if he doesn't have at least a spell out next.

As I mentioned above, Silva just isn't the same player right now. A summer off may do him the world of good, but he's at the age now where performances can dip off and never recover.

Bernardo has been favoured on the wings recently and I can continue to see Pep view him as one of the key options there, especially if Sane leaves us because that will mean Sterling will see more time out on the left (though I do anticipate we'd replace Sane with someone like Felix).

Signing another CM would impact Foden's opportunities, particularly given Fernandes is only turning 25 in September. But I think Silva only has one more season in him and that's going to be much more limited in any event in terms of the number of appearances he'll make. Foden will be 20 when Silva will probably go - he'd still get plenty of chances as 1 of 4 CM options, particularly if Bernardo is seeing a good chunk of his game time on the wing.

Ultimately I think we have to be looking at signing someone if Gundo were to go, it just represents too much of a risk not to given the variables. KDB gets another 3 month injury, Silva's legs continue to decline and we're suddenly left with Bernardo and Foden playing every game.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.