Bruno Fernandes

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been watching some highlights and reading a few articles on this guy, and am I completley made or does he look a lot like De Bruyne at Wolfsburg?

Something about the way he gets forwards to lead the counter, plays that perfect last pass or finishes the move, the way he drifts into wide areas to cross, but also drops deeper into midfield to spray the ball about a bit. He's even playing behind the same striker, Bas Dost, for a team that wears green.

He's not exactly what I'd think of when replacing Gundogan, doesn't seem to be the same controlling ball hogger (I mean that in a positive way), but he does look good, and it's apparently the consensus he's head and shoulders above every other player in Portugal. I assume if we're interested then the hype and highlights aren't lying.
He does. He isn't very good at keeping possession, more like Lampard/De Bruyne type, very straightforward in his decisions. Would be a good backup for Kev, but playing them together doesn't seem to be a good idea. I think if you use KdB or Bruno, the other 8 has to be a press-resistant AM with more 'strategic' passing like D.Silva (or Bernardo/Foden in the future).

Edit: perhaps that's the plan - using 2 sets of midfielders with similar qualities to rotate them seamlessly.

Last edited:
Liverpool and Chelsea are set to join the auction for Bruno Fernandes this summer. Manchester City, Manchester United and PSG have all been linked. [via @ojogo]

I've been watching some highlights and reading a few articles on this guy, and am I completley made or does he look a lot like De Bruyne at Wolfsburg?

Something about the way he gets forwards to lead the counter, plays that perfect last pass or finishes the move, the way he drifts into wide areas to cross, but also drops deeper into midfield to spray the ball about a bit. He's even playing behind the same striker, Bas Dost, for a team that wears green.

He's not exactly what I'd think of when replacing Gundogan, doesn't seem to be the same controlling ball hogger (I mean that in a positive way), but he does look good, and it's apparently the consensus he's head and shoulders above every other player in Portugal. I assume if we're interested then the hype and highlights aren't lying.

Spot on. Surprised to see your comparison. Thought it was just me seeing shades of Kev?

So are these reports reliable? Nothing yet from the english side.

Could well be a Gundogan replacement i'm guessing.

I think you found a good comparison to Kevin, very similar players, I think Bruno has the edge in dribbling over Kevin, and also both are two footed finishers.

In regards to Gundogan it depends on which Gundogan, if your talking about the #8 Gundogan then I think he is better because he is a better finisher, presser, and dribbler in the final third than Gundogan.

If we're talking about the #6 Gundogan then Gundogan's overall range of passing from deep, and ball control are superior.

Some comments on here are saying he probably can't play with Kevin, and that they'd probably need a Silva for the better ball control up front, this makes sense, but I'd argue that our team has been using our inside midfielders FAR more offensively than any other team (which often use wingers to come inside), so we would demand goals more often, something that David simply has not been giving enough of and that Kevin and Bruno are very capable of.

Looking at Bernardo's goal against United shows the value of having our attacking midfielders being a goal threat and not just controllers like David and Gundogan. We can use inverted fullbacks and the defensive midfielder to control from deep.

This is why I'm also more excited about Foden, he is a genuine goal threat; Foden, Bruno, Kevin, Bernardo this is a dream team of 4 attacking midfielders who are super dangerous in front of goal and can have wingers out wide to give them that space.

Manchester City have opened talks with Sporting CP for the signing of Bruno Fernandes (24). Txiki Begiristain held a meeting with Sporting's football director Hugo Viana in Manchester last week - asking for the conditions to make the signing. [via @cmjornal]

By making the first official approach, City have now taken the lead from Man United in the race for Fernandes. Sporting are demanding €70m for the sale. And since the club are in need of money, they are not in a strong position to negotiate much. [via @cmjornal]

http://sportwitness.co.uk/man-city-open-talks-signing-send-official-back-offer-ahead-shy-man-united/
Correio da Manhã says that despite the midfielder’s €100m release clause, Sporting are demanding €70m for the sale. And since the club are in need of money, they are not in a strong position to negotiate much.

The newspaper says that Viana returned to Lisbon with a bid from Manchester City, but it doesn’t sound like the move is being done now. They say Sporting’s intention is to let the ‘sharks’ battle among themselves so Sporting can benefit from the auction.

Manchester United’s approach for the player is described as ‘shy’, so it looks like Pep Guardiola’s side are the first to open serious talks for a summer transfer.

His penalties are camp as fuck.

I’m out.

His penalties are camp as fuck.

I’m out.

Haha, at least he seems to always score them!

Pretty impressive range of ability in the clips. Of more importance is his mental characteristics and personality. The club are usually spot on with this. It would appear there are a few players under consideration.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.