Bruno Guimaraes

We likely didn't/don't value him at the rate of his release clause - £100m - and if we're still interested then believe we may be able to get him for less.

I didn't say pay his release clause. My point was if we value him at 85m, think Newcastle may accept 85m, why would we not bid that before the 30th of June when we know they were scrambling around to make deals before the PSR deadline. They have less inclination to sell now than they did previously.

I didn't say pay his release clause. My point was if we value him at 85m, think Newcastle may accept 85m, why would we not bid that before the 30th of June when we know they were scrambling around to make deals before the PSR deadline. They have less inclination to sell now than they did previously.

Agreed! That was the time to strike

Ah, fair enough - I thought you were referring to the RC.

Irrelevant, my point was about why we may not have bid prior to the end of June.
Of course it might not be accepted if or when we bid.
Fair, dont think it mattered to us at all looking at the figures and noise about. Lots of others in the boat having to deal with the PSR deadline though.

When clubs sell the academy players to raise the clear profit to pass the PSR rules, then sign other players to take advantage of the amortisation, the problem is just kicked down the road because that amortised figure counts for the next five seasons and thus comes out of their accounts for the following four years.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.