Bruno Peres

agreed! don't the club work a window in advance as well? once we knew pep was coming then surely he told txiki who he wanted and work got started? also wasn't it confirmed that pep sanctioned the sterling and de bruyne signings last season? every week that goes by is one lost for new signings to be integrated not only to pep and his tactics etc but also a new city in a new country! khaldoon and people in the loop say we will make swift moves and wont hang around but we seem to do exactly that?

Was it?

People need to calm down and get off Txiki's ass. Why should City roll over for some mickey mouse club's increasing financial demands only to have it happen again? Why can't Leroy Sane have a few weeks to decide where his future lies? There's no rush here. We have Pep for at least three years.

Disagree that Pep will be losing it as he will be fully clued up on how deals are done and the hurdles that have to be jumped. As most fans don't, they assume someone's at fault, normally Txiki

No doubt Pep has been kept in the loop and he knows how the business works. I don't think he'll be angry in the sense that he has any regret, but losing his mind in the sense that he's a serious maniac about this stuff. He had a very rough start at Bayern as described in Pep Confidential because of players arriving late from international duty and injury and it's almost carbon copy here right now. I'm sure he's happy to be working with his friends again but simultaneously losing his mind over the lack of preparation time given the task that lay in front of him. City are playing meaningful games in a month and he's got 2 guaranteed first teamers with him right now in Fernandinho and Clichy and even those two probably depend a lot on the formation we play.

Which is why, bringing it back to Peres, he'd probably have an actual fit if the team had his deal ready to go but was waiting to shift other players first to complete it. It seems far more likely and reasonable to me that things are as they've been reported -- City are going back and forth with Torino trying to agree a fee.

Need to bit the bullet and just pay the additional 2 mil or whatever it is.

Dicking around like this may see him join another club.

It's fuck all with the market the way it is.

I'm sure txiki is at more risk of losing his job from not obtaining agreed targets like he has a history of than saving some pocket change.

Need to bit the bullet and just pay the additional 2 mil or whatever it is.

Dicking around like this may see him join another club.

It's fuck all with the market the way it is.

I'm sure txiki is at more risk of losing his job from not obtaining agreed targets like he has a history of than saving some pocket change.

That's the wrong attitude though. Yes it is small beer in the scheme of things, but it sends out a real poor message to others who we are dealing with

That's the wrong attitude though. Yes it is small beer in the scheme of things, but it sends out a real poor message to others who we are dealing with

This is what i said the other day.

Sterling - quoted a price - 50mil, dragged on all summer - got him for 49mil - wow! We sure showed them! moral high ground achieved.

Selling clubs want want they want at the end of the day and other clubs go about their business while we dick around over change and it also leads to players changing their minds as they dont think we are that into them (maybe what heppened with laporte, who knows).

Need to just pay up and get it done if its a small margrin of valuation.

Sterling - quoted a price - 50mil, dragged on all summer - got him for 49mil - wow! We sure showed them! moral high ground achieved.

Selling clubs want want they want at the end of the day and other clubs go about their business while we dick around over change and it also leads to players changing their minds as they dont think we are that into them (maybe what heppened with laporte, who knows).

Dragged on all summer? He signed on the 12th July

I assume that meant to read get what they want. Are you sure on that?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.