BT Sport commentary v Arsenal (A)

I complained to BT. This is my complaint :-

The entire coverage of the live match between Arsenal and Manchester City was extremely biased in favour of one team, Arsenal.

During the live commentary, the main commentator Darren Fletcher constantly praised good play by Arsenal and criticised every refereeing decision that went in favour of City. This attitude was supported by co-commentators Martin Keown and Steve McMannaman.

There were two major incidents in the game that were reviewed by VAR. On both occasions, the correct process was followed by VAR and the correct decisions were made. I suggest that the commentators watch the Match of the Day highlights programme on BBC1 on the same evening to understand why. The pundits on BBC1 clearly understand the laws of the game much better that the BT pundits and were able to explain how the decisions were reached and why they were correct.

Steve McMannaman in particular was very confused about the role of VAR in the award of the City penalty. At one point he even said that VAR should not be involved and later said the referee was TOLD by VAR to give a penalty. Really ? Was this the truth or was he making it up? I would like an explanation about why he thought this.

At one point in the game, the City player Jesus was clearly held in the Arsenal penalty area and the City players protested for penalty. The commentary dismissed it as “fine, nothing to see here” and did not question the potential use of VAR.

After the match Jake Humphrey led a completely wrong and vindictive witch hunt into the perceived refereeing “injustices”. Despite an ex professional referee Peter Walton explaining the decisions to him he failed to understand and continued to labour the point that Arsenal were somehow cheated. I suggest that he also watches the Match of the Day highlights programme on BBC1 to understand the error of his ways. He might also need further education into the laws of the game and how VAR works.

It is BT Sports duty to offer a balanced, impartial programme which lends insight based on a fair reflection of the game and not biased views peddled by people who clearly have vested interests in other teams in the premier league and whose views are clearly compromised.

Jake Humphrey and Darren Fletcher should be reminded they are there to provide an impartial view of events.

Any team that plays a live match on BT Sport should be offered the same respect as their opponents. This was certainly not the case yesterday.

Out of interest does anyone based in the UK subscribe to a foreign football channel that can get the PL and CL coverage? Cant handle BT or SKY any longer.
Unfortunately, NBC coverage is getting worse. Robbie Mustoe insisted Bernando's was not a penalty (while unable to rationalize the shirt pull); Tim Howard is a red club arse-licker; and Rebecca Lowe just goes along with whatever they are saying. They must have showed Ederson's tackle at least 10 times yet didn't show Jesus's pull-down or mention it even once.

We’ve always had pretty negative commentary but that was easily the worst I can ever remember

Keown actually said it’s 2-1 to the referee!

There were two incorrect decisions today - the non pen for Arsenal and the non pen for us when Jesus was wrestled to the ground in the first half (but BT chose not to even acknowledge a replay of that one)

All 3 on commentary were itching for city to lose and that bellend presenting with Ferdinand and lescott was no different
How was the Arsenal non penalty wrong? Look at the GIF on Twitter and you can clearly see that Odegardt stamped on Ederson's foot to stop him getting to the ball. Foul on Ederson in truth.

You'd have thought a last minute winner would have the commentator jumping through the roof.
Deadpan, monotone, fucked off, the list is endless, and it isn't the first time fletcher has been like that.
At least it wasn't Ian " he cost 60m" Darke, and he is shite.
Peter Drury was better - said it was gutting for Arsenal, but also "that's what champions do" .

The whole narrative and controversy stoked up by these clowns wouldn't have even got a mention if it was the dippers there instead of us. Its too obvious.

What else is obvious is that BT are shitting themselves that Amazon will take up more coverage. And if yesterday's display is how they plan on winning more interaction and getting onside with fans of other clubs, then they've already fucked that up.
That’s what I’m waiting for....

another broadcaster to step in, hopefully either properly neutral or pro city.

Good idea, I have complained to them in a calm and reasoned manner but I doubt they'll listen.

Here's the actual contact form...

https://bt.custhelp.com/app/contact_email//c/6564
Thank you, I have just complained. Gist being that 'presenters' like Humphrey's are not only biased but actually create ridiculous tribalism among the younger fans (regardless of the team they support). They court and fuel hatred and bitterness and in the end the game will lose out. A lot of older fans turned away from football in the 80's (i loved it mind) but stats showed the attendances dropped consistently for years across the land. Dickheads like that Humphrey's prick will eventually lead to sports medias downfall..throw in a financial incentive to at least call the prick in the office for a 'chat' will at least be a minor win. Hope it sweats it a little on his commute in..doubt it though, the ignorant prick

How many tweets does it take to create a meltdown l wonder.
Seems to me with my limited knowledge its just a few anonymous people from an unknown location who might not have seen the incidents spouting off their ill educated opinions about something they know little about anyway.
Reminds me of the days of Picadilly and GMR when callers would ring in post match having listened on the radio and emphatically say that tackle was definitely a foul or that was offside. For some strange reason it always seemed to be Bolton fans who did it.
Agreed ...
Piccadilly post match phone ins..'....and as for that Pearson or....Booth (fill in the blanks) he's useless..etc..
Presenter....'Did you go to the match?...caller ...'errr no....buses are a nightmare from ..Sale' (fill in blanks) ...f kin retards

How was the Arsenal non penalty wrong? Look at the GIF on Twitter and you can clearly see that Odegardt stamped on Ederson's foot to stop him getting to the ball. Foul on Ederson in truth.
Hasn’t seen that view at the time. In hindsight VAR should’ve awarded us a free kick and booked Odegaard

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.