BT Sport commentary v Arsenal (A)

Tacky ,shit-stirring and not having any concern whatsoever for objectivity or integrity of the product. They welcome criticism and controversy and think the abuse of ex-footballer pundits is just tribal rants from rival club fans.
That whole campaign about online abuse, where media professionals are concerned, seemed poorly done IMO. Some of them were taking to social media and re-purposing the message into "don't argue with us, because we're just doing our jobs". Which is not at all what the message was about but typical of the attitudes some of these people have. They just can't hack criticism and they definitely can't handle being challenged when it's apparent something they have said is incorrect or at the very least debatable. Especially when it's someone who might know more about the subject than them. All in all, the attitude is that they believe they should be beyond reproach.

I'm not saying some fans don't go over the top and there should be a line but that goes both ways doesn't it? Most of the time, what really bothers them, isn't the people just hurling insults at them(they can block and report already). It's the ones who have a point.

To see the bottom feeders of the football media industry and the anti-city whatsapp group members of all people, piping up like they are victims really ground my gears. Those are the ones who deliberately seek to rile people up, to incite animosity between fanbases or even just encourage everyone to single out one fanbase(certainly seems that way). Some of them have personal agendas, against not just certain football clubs but some of the everyday fans of those clubs. All for having the audacity to challenge their views by pointing out inaccuracies, holes and flaws in their reasoning. Or expose their lack of impartiality or blatant hypocrisy. In fact, the way they have acted towards some City fans, is hypocrisy in itself because they are going after people purely for the points they were trying to make and they've gone about doing that in a much more sinister way than a social media post, on occasion.

Sorry for the long rant but just you watch, next we'll have Jake Humphrey's moaning that City fans keep calling him a ____. ;)

Last edited:
Although the women's game is largely wank, the ladies do have the edge as pundits. Basically, free of the backslapping and old boys club in-jokes of the male 90's has beens they are more intelligent and objective in terms of analysis. They can fuck off with their waily high pitched motty on helium commentary though

Although the women's game is largely wank, the ladies do have the edge as pundits. Basically, free of the backslapping and old boys club in-jokes of the male 90's has beens they are more intelligent and objective in terms of analysis. They can fuck off with their waily high pitched motty on helium commentary though
I see what you did there…very “Even Steven”!

What Mazz giveth, Mazz taketh away!

;-)

Last edited:
I know, it's lfc level of injustice and outrage, but I think it needs saying because as a fanbase we too should have a bit of clout.

it's obvious BT have this hate-city clickbait thing going on. They bring in pundits of our rivals the day we're playing them. They actively create outage at the latest something City have "got away with" (it's not just the arsenal game).

The in game commentary is disgusting (my pov) but is actually proven to be so, you only have to listen to Ian Darke, or listen to the constant reeling off of our player transfer fees. The co-commentator is nearly always one of our rivals z-list pundits like "macca" and his bitterness, indifference and narrative is obvious (if not boring because they're totally not invested in the game once we score or look like winning).

Basically I think it's obvious city are being used as some sort of panto villain for their coverage, which is ok, that's how things work, but as a fanbase shouldn't we just boycott that shit? And tell them so? We deserve better coverage if we're also paying for their service, just fairness.

Mods feel free to move this somewhere more appropriate, or delete it as too Scouse

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.