BT Sport

Maybe instead of having a thread on what BT shit says some make the effort and get to the game.

no doubt plenty will want to be there on Sunday in our 'cup final'.

I dread to see the ticket pages if we actually make the champions league final
I'd rather have the thread where people who watched the coverage can comment in it.

Not sure why that seems to upset so many people.

Nobody expects commentators and pundits to cheer us on. What we should expect as customers who pay to watch these matches is some balance, some insight and some deeper knowledge of the game than we possess. Best example is Neville who provided all of those on a consistent level. Lineker was almost as bad as Savage last night. At one point he apologised to the camera for how dreadful the match had been. Why the hell professional pundits should all think we should go gung ho last night is laughable, particularly following th injuries to Vinnie and Oto.

has anyone in the media slaughtered Atletico Madrid for scraping through 8-7 on penalties against a bang average PSV side and failing to score a goal over the 2 legs?

Nobody expects commentators and pundits to cheer us on. What we should expect as customers who pay to watch these matches is some balance, some insight and some deeper knowledge of the game than we possess. Best example is Neville who provided all of those on a consistent level. Lineker was almost as bad as Savage last night. At one point he apologised to the camera for how dreadful the match had been. Why the hell professional pundits should all think we should go gung ho last night is laughable, particularly following th injuries to Vinnie and Oto.

Lineker's done that many times in the past, and it was a pretty poor match after all.

What it needed was a stronger acknowledgement of the reasons behind it being a poor match - firstly, City's dominant first leg victory, and secondly, Kiev's decision not to try winning. I dread to think how that behaviour would be seen if it was a British team.

Lineker's done that many times in the past, and it was a pretty poor match after all.

What it needed was a stronger acknowledgement of the reasons behind it being a poor match - firstly, City's dominant first leg victory, and secondly, Kiev's decision not to try winning. I dread to think how that behaviour would be seen if it was a British team.
That's exactly my point. They knew the reasons but chose to ignore them.

But we have gone backwards. We got lucky with the draw after years of playing Bayern and Barcelona

You think we have improved in europe this season? We played one good team, and they beat us twice.

Last season we made the last sixteen; this season we make the last eight. That's progress. The quality of football on offer might be regressive but when the chips are down it's the result that counts. Look at Leicester - people will say that they are massively improved over last season, but this season 11 one nil wins. 33 pts for eleven goals. The Leicester fans will be delighted with that. Results! Arsenal Invincibles - one nil to the Arsenal!! Results. Might not be expansive, stylish, entertaining but we have improved our results in the CL this season. It might end with Friday's draw but a knockout competition throws up a lot of weird results.

That's exactly my point. They knew the reasons but chose to ignore them.

Yes.

Lineker could have led the discussion there certainly, but maybe he knew that Hoddle and Ferdinand wouldn't even admit to that chance - nothing they've demonstrated suggests that they might be willing to accept it, at which point does the presenter cut his losses and avoid dead air time. There was one point when Given was asked a leading question and deflected it, and then didn't speak for a few minutes while the others got on their soapbox.

His apology about the match was fine though.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.