BT Sport

Best of all was the indignation they all had because Pellegrini wouldn't play Yaya from the start.

Fuck all to do with them caring about us and everything to do with them knowing it was the correct decision and didn't weaken us on the night, making it that much more difficult for their newly adopted French maestro's.

He's a ****, no doubt, but it was not a serious remark on his part. Hence his aiming of it to the two United men.

He actually went on to say "...as hard as it is to take with the way they approached the game". Nothing to do with the Rags sat there, it was a direct dismissal of our tactics, which is absurd considering how well we played and that we didn't need to score if they didn't.

He's explained it was aimed at the two gobshites in the studio. Makes sense. If he'd have delivered the line with a bit of humour it may have come across better but looking at the ****, humour doesn't seem part of his repertoire. Doesn't absolve BT sports of being a shit snivelling den of cockroaches. Nothing will change that.

BT "sell" Ferdinand and Scholes as providing objective, expert, analysis. Its not like Talksport where presenters seem to be actively encouraged to display their club allegiances (listening to them on the way home, Cundy freely admitted he wanted City to lose). I think BT got good publicity when Scholes was so critical of United, so they've encouraged them to keep doing the same. But its one thing for an ex player to come across as critical of the direction his former club is taking, it comes across completely differently when they're talking about a rival.

I listened to 5Live on the way to the ground and the tone of their build up was much more positive than in previous rounds, even from Green and Waddle. I got the impression that the producer had told them beforehand "its time to get behind the British team". Whereas the BT producer seems to have got the tone completely wrong.

BT Sport Football Production is shit. But I do find Wio and McPointyMan funny with their inability to hide their hatred of City.

We should get a huge picture of Balotelli winking at Wio and get it to move around the ground prior the semi and at HT.

BT Sport Football Production is shit. But I do find Wio and McPointyMan funny with their inability to hide their hatred of City.
Its not 'funny' we want to hear though,it's decent analytic commentary and as long as BT employs agenda driven idiots like those two we aren't ever going to get it.Given we will soon be this countries primary Europen club,they are in danger of losing a large percentage of their audience.

I was about to post the same thing. Seemed Scholes and Wio were giving us some form of praise (though was a little through gritted teeth). Whereas Wright interrupted Wio to start slagging off City and talking about how bad PSG were. Still holds a grudge over his son it seems.
Well his son holds no such grudge.

Well his son holds no such grudge.
Nothing against Shaun, but what's Wright Snr, got to be bitter about, It was him that actively encouraged Shaun to disappear faster than Lord Lucan, when the chavs came calling.

It's not our fault that Shaun, didn't do as well as Ian expected and, couldn't cut it amongst better quality players,
once he got there. (Nor for us second time around either, to be honest)

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.