BT to charge everyone extra £5 For BT sport

When BT announced that it had won the CL and EL rights, it said that it is possible that some games would be sold to other channels.

We'll have to wait and see.

No ITV dont have any games live, but will have highlights from both nights late on a Wednesday.

What BT sport will do is show regular free games through the season, but with each English team guaranteed to appear free only once, so it'll mostly be 2 overseas teams on the free to air game. Think the final and at least one of the semi finals will also be free though.

Tbh, sky wouldve cost me £60 for 1 month from August, so £60 for one year of BT, with FA cup and one premier league game per week thrown in too will be much better than sky

Like it was going to stay free forever............. thats capitalism I am afraid my friend - all those who knock the BBC and the license fee as a tax always ignore that pay tv is far more expensive and although there is more choice the ability to maintain a wide level of interest through consumption is curtailed by subscription costs. Advert funded TV is one other way but you do have to put up with the pesky ad breaks to accommodate it - and Clive Tydlesley
The BBC is a constitutional and long held rip off. Sky is an exorbitant price so I don't have it. BT is an exorbitant price so I don't have it. I have a television but ridiculously don't have the freedom to not pay for this parasitical organisation.

The BBC is a constitutional and long held rip off. Sky is an exorbitant price so I don't have it. BT is an exorbitant price so I don't have it. I have a television but ridiculously don't have the freedom to not pay for this parasitical organisation.

I don't agree.

The TV licence fee is £145.50, that's less than £3/week for four TV channels, several national radio stations plus local radio.

I think that's great value for money.

Someone always has to pay eventually. Good luck getting any TV through your dodgy box when no-one is paying their subscription fee anymore.

While you're right that if everyone did this it would lead to a collapse in the market, to call it dodgy is a bit of a red herring. It really depends on what type of box it is. If it's one of those chipped-up efforts then yes, that's dodgy. If it's an android box as he states, then as far as I know there's nothing dodgy or illegal about watching a live stream. I'm currently getting half-price Sky but as soon as that offer is up I'm sacking them off but will upgrade my broadband package with them so I'll be able to watch everything on my android box and not have to worry too much about buffering, etc. £70-odd a month for a full Sky TV package plus whatever BT charge to get their CL games or pay a one-off fee for an android box? No brainer.

BT sport 1 and 2 will remain free if you have BT broadband how ever
they are launching a new channel called BT Europe which is not free.
prices to be announced around 30/31 July

BT sport 1 and 2 will remain free if you have BT broadband how ever
they are launching a new channel called BT Europe which is not free.
prices to be announced around 30/31 July
^^^This is the sneakiness - for all you who signed up or renewed recently, you only signed up for BT Sport 1 and 2 AND NOT BT Sport Europe (because you can't right now)

I get it BT Sport 1 and 2 (and HD etc) for free with Virgin Media - I fully expect the five pounds for BT Europe will need to be paid for if I want to watch CL next season

Yep I've stuck with BT Infinity because, whilst it's not the cheapest, it's good and the 'free' Sport means there's not much in it over Sky Broadband and phone. But then I realised I'm paying them £3 a month for HD FFS. Having just renewed, if they take the piss with the European stuff I'm off.

It's no wonder people stream . Between Sky and BT I'm paying £160 a month for TV, Phone and Broadband. It's scandalous.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.