"Bubble Games" in the UK

Yep, can confirm also it’s happened for Wrexham/Chester.
Cardiff v Swansea matches are still "bubble games".
The 2 cities are c.35 miles apart and both are coastal cities, so relatively easier to police than say Burnley v Blackburn.
I don't think South Wales Police will stop them, as it's a huge overtime earner.
Cardiff City's new(ish) ground has a large open-plan perimeter around the ground, unlike Ninian Park. Any disruption would be far more easily stopped.
It would be interesting if South Wales Police allowed away fans to make their own way to the South Wales Derby ?
After the first season, I feel any "aggro" would fade away. The police could/should still be able to keep control...

Cardiff v Swansea matches are still "bubble games".
The 2 cities are c.35 miles apart and both are coastal cities, so relatively easier to police than say Burnley v Blackburn.
I don't think South Wales Police will stop them, as it's a huge overtime earner.
Cardiff City's new(ish) ground has a large open-plan perimeter around the ground, unlike Ninian Park. Any disruption would be far more easily stopped.
It would be interesting if South Wales Police allowed away fans to make their own way to the South Wales Derby ?
After the first season, I feel any "aggro" would fade away. The police could/should still be able to keep control...
Can assure that 100% certainty that South Wales Police do not pay overtime for it and the games are a huge drain on resources that are needed elsewhere

Can assure that 100% certainty that South Wales Police do not pay overtime for it and the games are a huge drain on resources that are needed elsewhere
Fair enough. Always assumed that the clubs would contribute to any extra policing involved at a football match ?
I appreciate there is a strong rivalry between Cardiff City and Swansea City, but surely as they are so far apart, having a non-bubble Derby should be trialled ?
As away fans tickets are usually restricted to around 2,000 each, surely South Wales Police should be able to contain any major disorder ?

What’s a "Bubble Game"?
WarmTediousDove-max-1mb.gif

Done a few of these in Poland but via train. Riot police in train, anti terror police with guns on us, city Center of Krakow shut down on our arrival and possibility of the train being ambushed in certain areas. Adds a certain edge to the occasion.
All that for a tiddly-winks contest.

One year there was one in place for Millwall v Stoke and there was a situation where members of Stoke's London supporters club members had to travel to Stoke, to catch the coach to Millwall, to be put back on the coach returning to Stoke and then make their own way back to London.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.