Budget 2024

Just used the calculator on Sky, seems you need to be on £30 k to be better off, taking frozen thresholds into account. Anyone on 27k is £8/ momth worse off, the less you earn the worse off.

So if you look at opinion polls the only sector where they continue to enjoy strong support is the over 60's. They just shat on them effectively. I am over 60 - I am retired - I have two small pensions which just take me above the threshold. My food costs are still ridiculously high as are energy costs. I don't get and NI cuts my kids are grown up so no child care benefits for me either. Then again as they destroy the NHS but give someone on £30k pa what? £40 a month by cutting NI. How much private healthcare do they think they can buy with that?

The only thing that came out of that budget is the thought they are hanging on until September for a GE. The strangest commitment I have heard in years is a 6 month commitment to extending the Household Support Fund. Budgets set your annual commitments not 6 monthly ones. just over 62% of emergency support from Local Authorities comes through the HSF for families with no money and in dire need and with the likelihood of Councils going bankrupt in the summer they are just hoping the headlines are not too bad and the weather stays good

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.