Builder/TV Wall Mount Experts Question

I believe you, not how I’d do it but…..
When he said it was 5” thick and then block indicated someone might have had the sense to frame a wall inside for power and insulation?

I reckon the guy who said 5 inch thick goes round telling women he has a 20 inch penis haha.

For dot and dab on an exterior wall the corefix already mentioned are good. We used that for our 55" TV mounted on a cantilever bracket. The plug goes straight through the plasterboard into the block behind and then you just screw in the bracket. It's still there 5 years later.

10cm corefix plug with heavy duty screws should easily hold 100kg+ and the fixing will fail before the block does. Some bracket makers might be able to supply these if they have weird fixings.

Be careful with internal plasterboard walls as it's the other way round... I've used Gripits for plasterboard which are supposedly good to 100kg but that's the fixing limit. The plasterboard will fail long before the GripIt does. I wouldn't put any TV on plasterboard that is more than 10kg, cantilevers multiply this force as you extend it out.

I felt the drill bit go through the drylining, it was about 5'' thick too. Then into the block. TV is up now, and touch wood staying there.

Thanks for all the help Blues.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.