Bukayo Saka

Do people compare him to Sterling because they look similar in appearance?

I dont remember Sterling ever having close control and being great in tight pockets, living for beating his man one v one. Being able shrug challenges and being an excellent passer of the ball.

Sterling strengh was running in behind, he was also a role player at City, he was not pivotal like KDB, Aguero ect. You wouldn't have sold him to Chelsea otherwise. Whereas Saka is the tip of the spear of Arsenals resurgence.

Saka is miles better than Sterling with a significantly higher glass ceiling.

Do people compare him to Sterling because they look similar in appearance?

I dont remember Sterling ever having close control and being great in tight pockets, living for beating his man one v one. Being able shrug challenges and being an excellent passer of the ball.

Sterling strengh was running in behind, he was also a role player at City, he was not pivotal like KDB, Aguero ect. You wouldn't have sold him to Chelsea otherwise. Whereas Saka is the tip of the spear of Arsenals resurgence.

Saka is miles better than Sterling with a significantly higher glass ceiling.
That’s your opinion. Sterling in his prime is a different conversation. It’ll come down to medals at the end of the day and I’d wager Sterling will come up trumps. Saka is a good player but has a way to go as do the arse this season.

That’s your opinion. Sterling in his prime is a different conversation. It’ll come down to medals at the end of the day and I’d wager Sterling will come up trumps. Saka is a good player but has a way to go as do the arse this season.
Medals is not what makes a footballer.

Its the impact and legacy they leave.

You think Sterling's legacy is better than Gerrards?

Medals is not what makes a footballer.

Its the impact and legacy they leave.

You think Sterling's legacy is better than Gerrards?
When all is said and done it’s what players have won that becomes there legacy. Sterling has been a much more successful footballer then gerrard that is indisputable. Prime Sterling wipes the floor with present day saka.

When all is said and done it’s what players have won that becomes there legacy. Sterling has been a much more successful footballer then gerrard that is indisputable. Prime Sterling wipes the floor with present day saka.
No its not. Even if Harry Kane doesn't win anything, he will leave a massive legacy.

Maradona has as many World Cup winners medals as Kleberson. But the fact Maradona owned the 86 World Cup and Kleberson was a squad player means the medals are not 1 for 1.

Legacy is greater than medals.

No its not. Even if Harry Kane doesn't win anything, he will leave a massive legacy.

Maradona has as many World Cup winners medals as Kleberson. But the fact Maradona owned the 86 World Cup and Kleberson was a squad player means the medals are not 1 for 1.

Ok

Who knows. I'd wager he won't be at Arsenal in 3 years though.

Arsenal are on the brink of being Monaco (16/17) or Lille (20/21)

They don't have the money to keep a squad of quality (a la Monaco/Lille/Spurs or even to a lesser degree Liverpool).
Look how many players are out of contract in 2024 and 2025. Not just the number of players but the quality.
None of their best players are tied down beyond 2025 (with the exception of Zinchenko and Jesus).
Xhaka, Saka, Saliba, Martinelli, Partey, Ødegaard and Ramsdale are all starters. Tomiyasu and Holding are 2 of their most important squad players. The manager will no doubt go too.

View attachment 66289

A mass Arsenal exodus is inevitable.
No exodus if they win things. Not a chance in a million years we are getting Saka, he signs a new long term contract on big money and Arsenal get another 4/5 years from him. Why anyone would think players will be looking to jump ship now when after 20 years they finally look like they are building something very good is beyond me. Bit like when everyone used to tell us Aguero and Silva couldn't wait to go to Madrid.

Medals don't decide who is the better footballer that is nonsense

How many players actually worry about legacy? It’s pure vanity & the reason why I can only think of CRap37 as the only player I’ve known even talk about that. Players have dreams, them dreams consist of winning trophies, scoring goals, playing for a big club, the CL and world cups, they also think about how they’re gonna spend that first big pay check and helping their families, legacy……pah! You sound like an absolute modern day fan-boy hoping Saka’s career follows that of Harry Kane, who incidentally wanted to sign for City, but for his brother tying him into a lengthy contract & Levy asking for too much money, he’d be playing in blue, remember Spurs going for the title & getting to the CL final ? They won neither, if Arsenal don’t win this league then that can have an effect on certain players, who may start to look at Harry Kane who is destined to finish his career trophy less

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.