Bullying and the devastating consequences.

A very sad story that.

I teach young Stoned a simple rule.

If someone hits you, you hit them back twice as hard and twice as many times. Fucking give it them. Leave them in no doubt you are not to be fucked with.

But, you never go looking for mither and you must never be the aggressor.

Going well so far fingers crossed.

A very sad story that.

If someone hits you, you hit them back twice as hard and twice as many times. Fucking give it them. Leave them in no doubt you are not to be fucked with.

Exactly what I told my lad.

I was called into school once after he'd given some lad a pasting & told the Headmaster virtually word for word what you'd written.

Not action was taken against him but the lad he hit ended up suspended & moved schools.

Last edited:
fuckin hate bullies i had 1 or 2 have a go at school over my size,but i soon did them,i know not everyone can stick up for themselves but they need to tell someone they are being bullied,and the bullies need fucking prosecuting..

A very sad story that.

I’ve told my daughter this many times. Drummed it into her that my experience of bullies (personal and from mates and people on here etc) shows that they only pick on those that don’t fight back ie if the bullying isn’t stopped by the teachers then she has free reign to smash the twats in the face

A very sad story that.

I think the difference today is that a lot, possibly most, of bullying is psychological. Back in the day, you picked out the ring leader and took them on, their supporters dissipated. With social media, it's unclear who the leader is. It gives those who won't speak up in public a voice, and sometimes, on occasion, it's pure poison. They don't know how to fight physically but they learn quickly how to manipulate others to follow their lead and to do their bidding.

I have never had a fight but was called out a number of times at school. The idea of being punched never appealed to me, but I at least had the sanctuary of home. The bullies didn't know where I lived, as did none of their entourage, and usually the issue sort of went away on its own - perhaps the antagonist had quiet time to reflect too. This sanctuary doesn't exist anymore. The victim is constantly persecuted and the bully is continually re-energised.

Reacting today with violence is something I truly advise against. Social media is the conduit by which this poison spreads, and it's turning some kids feral.

I think the difference today is that a lot, possibly most, of bullying is psychological. Back in the day, you picked out the ring leader and took them on, their supporters dissipated. With social media, it's unclear who the leader is. It gives those who won't speak up in public a voice, and sometimes, on occasion, it's pure poison. They don't know how to fight physically but they learn quickly how to manipulate others to follow their lead and to do their bidding.

I have never had a fight but was called out a number of times at school. The idea of being punched never appealed to me, but I at least had the sanctuary of home. The bullies didn't know where I lived, as did none of their entourage, and usually the issue sort of went away on its own - perhaps the antagonist had quiet time to reflect too. This sanctuary doesn't exist anymore. The victim is constantly persecuted and the bully is continually re-energised.

Reacting today with violence is something I truly advise against. Social media is the conduit by which this poison spreads, and it's turning some kids feral.

Nail on the head re social media.

Back in the day, if you had a rough time in school you’d go home and that was your sanctuary. These days it can be 24/7 and as you say, a lot more psychological which I personally think can be a lot more harmful long term.

It must be awful for kids these days. Not just in extreme examples like this where you can be bullied but also for small things like, how many likes you get, seeing all your friends at a party you didn’t know about, all that shit you have stupid hang ups about when you’re a teenager is just exasperated by social media.

Nail on the head re social media.

Back in the day, if you had a rough time in school you’d go home and that was your sanctuary. These days it can be 24/7 and as you say, a lot more psychological which I personally think can be a lot more harmful long term.

It must be awful for kids these days. Not just in extreme examples like this where you can be bullied but also for small things like, how many likes you get, seeing all your friends at a party you didn’t know about, all that shit you have stupid hang ups about when you’re a teenager is just exasperated by social media.
This is a very important point. Some of the things my kids got upset about just made me laugh they were that insignificant. These little things escalate and aggregate and sometimes become major issues, and parents (myself included) often don't (or can't) see the full picture because the child hasn't got the capability to articulate what they're feeling. The damage is already done by that time.

Social media seems to hold back a child's development because, I think, what they see and hear about isn't given time to be processed in their minds before the next piece of shit turns up. And sadly, as can be seen, it leads to heartbreaking consequences.

Yes, this is such a good point. When I/we were at school bullying happened just as much, but it was a simpler kind of bullying. I can't begin to imagine the mental torture of being pursued on social media, it's bad enough for adults in the public eye who get it. For a child it must be beyond awful, and the "hit them back" line we all know doesn't work and doesn't apply.

The problem is, I don't know what can be done about it, except to monitor closely. Children can be horrible. Hell, adults can be horrible.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.