Bundesliga 2017/18

I think 60 (as in 1860) fans are pretty happy that they are back in Giesing, which is the part of Munich they are coming from.

Not sure if a majority of their fanbase would actually support moving to a bigger ground at a different place in town.

They have been fighting all the years to get back to their old ground, so a small increase in capacity should be more than fine for now.

I think 60 (as in 1860) fans are pretty happy that they are back in Giesing, which is the part of Munich they are coming from.

Not sure if a majority of their fanbase would actually support moving to a bigger ground at a different place in town.

They have been fighting all the years to get back to their old ground, so a small increase in capacity should be more than fine for now.
Yeah you are right there, but not much revenue is being generated.They are a cult club like St Pauli , very proud of their roots.

Does anyone know when clubs release their pre season fixtures?

I'm in Hamburg on 21/22nd of July and am hoping either Hamburg or St Pauli are at home...

Yeah you are right there, but not much revenue is being generated.They are a cult club like St Pauli , very proud of their roots.
I love 1860. We had a brilliant time with their fans when we played the pre-season game at Rottach under Mark Hughes. We went to one of their bars in central Munich and went back there when we played Bayern in the CL. They are great fans and I would love to get over there for a match. How difficult is it to get tickets for the Grunwalder?

I love 1860. We had a brilliant time with their fans when we played the pre-season game at Rottach under Mark Hughes. We went to one of their bars in central Munich and went back there when we played Bayern in the CL. They are great fans and I would love to get over there for a match. How difficult is it to get tickets for the Grunwalder?
Extremely , capacity is going up a little next season to 15000. Just renewed my standing season ticket , 200 quid for 19 home games.

Does anyone know when clubs release their pre season fixtures?

I'm in Hamburg on 21/22nd of July and am hoping either Hamburg or St Pauli are at home...
Fixtures for Bundesliga and Bundesliga 2 are released on 29th Jan but the Bundesliga 2 season doesn't start until 4th August, and Bundesliga starts 24th August.

I think your best hope is a preseason friendly but I suspect you might be a week early (St Pauli play Stoke the week after you're there).

Edit: Just re-read your post and you were asking about pre season. Stoke are playing Hamburg that weekend but in a tournament in Meppen which, although is in Northern Germany, isn't particularly nearby.

Last edited:
I seem to remember a fan invasion at a match in 1974, and it was subsequently abandoned. The home fans didn't take their subsequent relegation very well either.
I can't recall the exact details of the match though, apart from the fact that the home team lost.

Didn’t some returning legend/hero score for the visitors?
Or am I just imagining that?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.