Bundesliga 2018/19

Status
Not open for further replies.
I remember the Schalke - Union DFB Pokal final years ago. Union were in the third division.

Seem to recall they hit the woodwork 2 or 3 times before Schalke scored.

Union Berlin promoted. How do you German lads feel about it?

First East German club in the Bundesliga since the days of Cottbus. Really happy for them and the Berlin derby will be tasty next season.

Union fans are a bit like St.Pauli fans though...in the sense that they take their pride in how "special" they are and they have the annoying habbit of letting everyone around them know (bit like vegans really). Still rather prefer them to have them in the Bundesliga than the likes of Hoffenheim, Wolfsburg etc.

Really worried for Stuttgart though, hope they dont do a "Kaiserslautern" and disappear into complete irrelevance. Crushing blow for them to get relegated again especially as it was unexpected before the season started. They would have played the Euro League instead of us if we didnt win the cup. Feel sorry for them as Eintracht has been in similar situations more than once.

@Pell: The video is from 2016 and it would be interesting to see what the so called "fans" have to say about their club today.
Funnily enough more and more of their fanbase start to realise that the club only cares about marketing and that they didnt establish football in Leipzig for the enjoyment of the local people.

Attendances for Leipzig are going down over the years despite their "success", absolute low points beeing the EL or CL matches were half the ground is empty.

There are protests among the fanbase against the club owner as the fans have the feeling that the leadership doesnt care about the fans (who would have thought).

I personally couldnt care less about their "success", the money they have and whatnot as it doesnt change anything for me and my team. I grew up with Frankfurt beeing a top 4 side, but those times are long gone and the amount of time I watched us beeing utter dogshit is now way longer than the couple of years that I was able to enjoy us beeing successful.

I find it hard to believe that you would develop a soft spot for them especially as a City fan. Both clubs might have something in common in the sense that you only recently rose to success, but unlike City, who often get mocked for not having any history by opposing fans, Leipzig do indeed have no history at all.

There is a difference with a club founded in 1880/1894 and a club founded in 2009 by a company with the sole purpose of promoting their soda brand.

Last edited:
Really pleased Union have been promoted. I went to one of their home games in March and although they lost it was a top day

@Pell: The video is from 2016 and it would be interesting to see what the so called "fans" have to say about their club today.
Funnily enough more and more of their fanbase start to realise that the club only cares about marketing and that they didnt establish football in Leipzig for the enjoyment of the local people.

Attendances for Leipzig are going down over the years despite their "success", absolute low points beeing the EL or CL matches were half the ground is empty.

There are protests among the fanbase against the club owner as the fans have the feeling that the leadership doesnt care about the fans (who would have thought).

I personally couldnt care less about their "success", the money they have and whatnot as it doesnt change anything for me and my team. I grew up with Frankfurt beeing a top 4 side, but those times are long gone and the amount of time I watched us beeing utter dogshit is now way longer than the couple of years that I was able to enjoy us beeing successful.

I find it hard to believe that you would develop a soft spot for them especially as a City fan. Both clubs might have something in common in the sense that you only recently rose to success, but unlike City, who often get mocked for not having any history by opposing fans, Leipzig do indeed have no history at all.

There is a difference with a club founded in 1880/1894 and a club founded in 2009 by a company with the sole purpose of promoting their soda brand.
They’ve got wings though.

Commiserations @Alex-MCFC

Ingolstadt relegated to 3 Liga after losing 4-4 on away goals (sounds familiar) in the Relegation play off to Wehen Wiesbaden. FYI, the W's are pronounced like V's.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.