Bundesliga 2018/19

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was it a performance or discipline issue?

If I recall correctly, it was initially performance related, with the then coach making him a public scapegoat for the team's generally poor performances. Stuttgart were, I believe, open to offers during the winter window but none came, and thereafter there appears to have been an almighty falling out between the player and club, with Maffeo criticized as being stubborn and manipulating a move. Pieced that together from a number of reports over the season but may have it wrong.

If I recall correctly, it was initially performance related, with the then coach making him a public scapegoat for the team's generally poor performances. Stuttgart were, I believe, open to offers during the winter window but none came, and thereafter there appears to have been an almighty falling out between the player and club, with Maffeo criticized as being stubborn and manipulating a move. Pieced that together from a number of reports over the season but may have it wrong.

Cheers.
One more thing - who is the Union goalkeeper? He looked pretty good over the playoffs

Commiserations @Alex-MCFC

Ingolstadt relegated to 3 Liga after losing 4-4 on away goals (sounds familiar) in the Relegation play off to Wehen Wiesbaden. FYI, the W's are pronounced like V's.

Just had one of those "time flies" moments: When I read the news that WW got promoted again I just thought to myself that they came back to the 2nd divion pretty quick after getting relegated to the 3rd tier. Only to realize that it has been already 10 years + that they have played in BuLi 2.

Feels like it has been yesterday.

Lets hope "die Schanzer" get their shit together next season for the sake of @Alex-MCFC the glory hunting bastard! ;)

Commiserations @Alex-MCFC

Ingolstadt relegated to 3 Liga after losing 4-4 on away goals (sounds familiar) in the Relegation play off to Wehen Wiesbaden. FYI, the W's are pronounced like V's.

Just had one of those "time flies" moments: When I read the news that WW got promoted again I just thought to myself that they came back to the 2nd divion pretty quick after getting relegated to the 3rd tier. Only to realize that it has been already 10 years + that they have played in BuLi 2.

Feels like it has been yesterday.

Lets hope "die Schanzer" get their shit together next season for the sake of @Alex-MCFC the glory hunting bastard! ;)

Cheers guys for the kind words.

I didn't even get to watch the second leg, as I am currently in an open University exam which finishes tomorrow. I must say, I was extremely shocked when I saw the score at half time. But, then again, it was that stupid goal we gave up in the last second at Wehen that cost us. I'll post my thoughts about the future moving forward in the next few days.

Cheers guys for the kind words.

I didn't even get to watch the second leg, as I am currently in an open University exam which finishes tomorrow. I must say, I was extremely shocked when I saw the score at half time. But, then again, it was that stupid goal we gave up in the last second at Wehen that cost us. I'll post my thoughts about the future moving forward in the next few days.
It's another local derby for 1860 Munich next season.

Will be interesting to have a Berlin derby, not to disappointed it came at the expense of Stuttgart...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.