Bundesliga 2018/19

Status
Not open for further replies.
@bavarian blue

Well its mostly dedication I would say. Ultras Frankfurt is the leading fangroup/organisation in Frankfurt and they have a special team dedicated to those displays.

So people pretty much prepare everything in their spare time e.g. for yesterdays setup people were preparing the ground two days in advance already. If there is a display involving any kind of paint jobs people will meet up during the week after work/uni/school and paint the banners, flags etc. in a dedicated hall.

In terms of financing all this (its a lot more expansive than people can imagine, going easily into the 10k+ Euro range), its basically financed by the fans as well.

On pretty much every matchday you will have people around the ground collecting money for those kind of displays and people are free to give as much as they want obviously. Doesnt matter if its just 1 Euro or 100 Euro, in the end its a collective effort by the whole fanscene.

Its important to notice that there are never any sponsors or brands and not even the club involved, Ultras Frankfurt take pride in the fact that everything is coming from the fans for the fans.

In addition to that Ultras Frankfurt sell merchandise, organize events like concerts etc. and the surplus is always used to buy new flags, set up new tifos or for special occassions.

When we played the cup final everyone attending the final got a special black and white shirt with the design of our jersey that we wore when we won the cup the last time.

Made for an awesome picture when the whole side of our ground was just a sea of black and white.
1526809980.jpg

@bavarian blue

Well its mostly dedication I would say. Ultras Frankfurt is the leading fangroup/organisation in Frankfurt and they have a special team dedicated to those displays.

So people pretty much prepare everything in their spare time e.g. for yesterdays setup people were preparing the ground two days in advance already. If there is a display involving any kind of paint jobs people will meet up during the week after work/uni/school and paint the banners, flags etc. in a dedicated hall.

In terms of financing all this (its a lot more expansive than people can imagine, going easily into the 10k+ Euro range), its basically financed by the fans as well.

On pretty much every matchday you will have people around the ground collecting money for those kind of displays and people are free to give as much as they want obviously. Doesnt matter if its just 1 Euro or 100 Euro, in the end its a collective effort by the whole fanscene.

Its important to notice that there are never any sponsors or brands and not even the club involved, Ultras Frankfurt take pride in the fact that everything is coming from the fans for the fans.

In addition to that Ultras Frankfurt sell merchandise, organize events like concerts etc. and the surplus is always used to buy new flags, set up new tifos or for special occassions.

When we played the cup final everyone attending the final got a special black and white shirt with the design of our jersey that we wore when we won the cup the last time.

Made for an awesome picture when the whole side of our ground was just a sea of black and white.
1526809980.jpg
What is the latest estimate for how many fans you are taking to the Lazio away game?

I think you've got a genuine top 4 chance this year - you're in great form in the last month. It might depend how long you stay in the Europa League and how you're squad copes, but you've got what should be a good run of fixtures coming up.

I think we should have at least 10000 in Rome, most likely more.

Rome is easy to get to and tickets should not be an issue either as the Italians don´t seem to be that interested in the EL. Their ground is pretty big a s well, so thats a plus obviously.
For us it will be the highlight of the group stages as we didnt get the chance to do the Marseille game as it was played behind closed curtains, so I expect a lot of fans doing the trip.

In terms of top 4...I don´t know about that. I am always super pessimistic about Eintracht (thing from the past when we always somehow managed to feck stuff up), but even I cant help but feeling excited at the moment.

Jovic, Rebic, Haller and Kostic are right now as good as any other attacking 4 in the league, our midfield/defense seems to be pretty solid as well, especially considering that we have our best CB and RB out injured.

My wish would be to get out of the group stages of the EL and maybe to the quarter finals (I want to play Chelsea/Arsenal at some point) to earn some more money and then end up qualifying to the EL again through the league.

Stuttgart and Nürnberg coming up sounds "easy" on paper but I assume the matches will be much closer than expected as both pretty much fight for survival already.

The trashing of Düsseldorf was a freak occurence in my opinion, so I wouldnt expect us to do the same with Stuttgart and Nürnberg.

Another win in the EL for us. Game was sold out again even though the visiting team was "only" the second placed team from Cyprus.

Players were greeted by the 90s club crest in the home end which then turned into the logo of Ultras Frankfurt.

Second half was started with a bit of smoke and flares. Got to love European nights :)

Two tough matches in the league coming up next. First Nürnberg and then Stuttgart, both fighting to get out of the relegation zone.

What an atmosphere.

Trying to make a trip over from the states and would love to catch a football match in Germany.

@cptaidan88:
Yesterday we got the official ticket allocation from Lazio and its only 5800 tickets.

Lazio wanted to give us more but it seems in Italy the local police authorities have a say as well and they were against providing more tickets to us.

One of the reasons is that the Frankfurt fanscene is more on the left side of the political spectrum while Lazio is straight fascist. In addition to that Frankfurt has a strong friendship with Italian club Atalanta Bergamo and their fans will travel up to Rome as well for the match.

Not sure if thats the right decision as Eintracht is expecting 10000+ in total to travel anyway. Getting them tickets would make it easier for the police as well as everyone will just be inside the ground.

Now you will have 6000 fans inside the ground and almost the same amount outside the ground on the streets and in the pubs.

Super disappointing considering Gladbach got way more tickets a couple years back. Going to be interesting to see how many Frankfurt fans get tickets via other means, even though it seems like Lazio checks the postal codes or even the IPs when trying to buy tickets online.

Over the course of the week the next round of the German cup was played (almost forgot about it as Frankfurt as the defending cup winner managed to get kicked out already in the first round).

For a lot of the smaller (however you want to define it) or fallen from grace clubs those cup fixtures are the highlight of the year.

Chemie Leipzig (one of the two real Leipzig clubs, currently playing 5th division) played former Bundesliga member Paderborn and pulled off a great Tifo

Awesome work from their fans especially considering how much both Chemie Leipzig and Lok Leipzig struggle after getting Red Bull Leipzig shoved down their throat.

Hansa Rostock (3rd division) played Nürnberg at home and had an amazing Tifo as well.

When it comes to the Bundesliga we seem to be able to continue our good run, winning 6 out of the last 7 games (drawing only against Nürnberg). Defeated Stuttgart 3-0 yesterday evening without much trouble and can now sit back and relax and see what the rest of the teams are doing over the weekend.

Stuttgart is in deep shit already...even swapping the manager doesnt seem to do them any good and they have now two away fixtures coming up.

At Frankfurt the demand for the Lazio away game is absolutely crazy, sales started this week and there are already 17000 ticket requests.

I’m really starting to fall in love with this league after a recent trip to Dortmund (I know it’s a bit touristy but why not do your first Europe trip at the biggest stadium?).

We stayed in Cologne and I’m becoming fixated with going to watch them.

The biggest cost apart from hotels was buying tickets for Dortmund from viagogo. Is there a realistic chance of buying tickets for some German clubs at face value?

I’m really starting to fall in love with this league after a recent trip to Dortmund (I know it’s a bit touristy but why not do your first Europe trip at the biggest stadium?).

We stayed in Cologne and I’m becoming fixated with going to watch them.

The biggest cost apart from hotels was buying tickets for Dortmund from viagogo. Is there a realistic chance of buying tickets for some German clubs at face value?

I've been going over for the last couple of seasons and have managed to get all my tickets via official club sites at face value. The only time I have had trouble is when it's a derby fixture such as Monchengladbach/Dortmund/Schalke playing each other. Then you generally have to also have a club membership (usually 60 Euros or so) to then be able to purchase any available tickets through official channels. Bayern tickets are also a bit harder to purchase as they have a huge fan base and are popular with football day trippers.

Not sure how you travel citykev28 but I like to go when it's a gameweek with a good Friday night fixture and catch that followed by a game Saturday and Sunday. Then if you're really keen you can also arrange it when there are midweek league fixtures (I think the Germans might call this an "English gameweek"), cup fixtures or European fixtures Tuesday-Wednesday-Thursday. With teams tightly bunched in the West it is far easier but I have done a couple of trips up and down the East and still loved it despite the trains/planes/automobiles.

I've done two trips this season to see home games at Dortmund, Fortuna Dusseldorf, FC Koln (2. Bundesliga) and Schalke (CL) over the course of 5 days in September followed by Union Berlin (2. Bundesliga), RB Leipzig, Hertha (my team), Wolfsburg, Dynamo Dresden (2. Bundesliga), 1860 Munich (3. Liga), Dortmund again (CL) and Bayern. All over the course of 12 days in late Sept/Early October. I realise it's not easy for most to take the time off to do such things but if you can it's a great way to see new places. On the first trip I couldn't get a reasonable ticket to the Monchengladbach-Schalke (derby) game due to members only so went to Fortuna and on the second trip I couldn't get a ticket to Hamburg-St. Pauli so went to Dresden instead.

Dortmund atmosphere is a great place to start, if only we could get the Etihad rocking like that it would be truly unique in the English game.

I've been going over for the last couple of seasons and have managed to get all my tickets via official club sites at face value. The only time I have had trouble is when it's a derby fixture such as Monchengladbach/Dortmund/Schalke playing each other. Then you generally have to also have a club membership (usually 60 Euros or so) to then be able to purchase any available tickets through official channels. Bayern tickets are also a bit harder to purchase as they have a huge fan base and are popular with football day trippers.

Not sure how you travel citykev28 but I like to go when it's a gameweek with a good Friday night fixture and catch that followed by a game Saturday and Sunday. Then if you're really keen you can also arrange it when there are midweek league fixtures (I think the Germans might call this an "English gameweek"), cup fixtures or European fixtures Tuesday-Wednesday-Thursday. With teams tightly bunched in the West it is far easier but I have done a couple of trips up and down the East and still loved it despite the trains/planes/automobiles.

I've done two trips this season to see home games at Dortmund, Fortuna Dusseldorf, FC Koln (2. Bundesliga) and Schalke (CL) over the course of 5 days in September followed by Union Berlin (2. Bundesliga), RB Leipzig, Hertha (my team), Wolfsburg, Dynamo Dresden (2. Bundesliga), 1860 Munich (3. Liga), Dortmund again (CL) and Bayern. All over the course of 12 days in late Sept/Early October. I realise it's not easy for most to take the time off to do such things but if you can it's a great way to see new places. On the first trip I couldn't get a reasonable ticket to the Monchengladbach-Schalke (derby) game due to members only so went to Fortuna and on the second trip I couldn't get a ticket to Hamburg-St. Pauli so went to Dresden instead.

Dortmund atmosphere is a great place to start, if only we could get the Etihad rocking like that it would be truly unique in the English game.
I tried to go direct through Dortmund but they said we had to join the membership and even then we weren’t guaranteed to get tickets. We did the Augsburg game when they won 4-3 with the last kick of the game. You’re right, it was epic. So much so that I wrote this about it....

http://www.thedaisycutter.co.uk/2018/10/english-fans-need-say-auf-wiedersehen-treated-commodity/

I’m attempting to get the same group that I went with to do a trip next year (I have to pay for my missus to go on a jolly 1st). I’d go pretty much anywhere and we did speak about doing more days and more games.

One thing you could help with - on the Friday night in Cologne, I saw a lad with a white top with green and yellow panels on it. I wanted to ask him what team it was but we were in the middle of a funny conversation. Who would you suggest this is?

I tried to go direct through Dortmund but they said we had to join the membership and even then we weren’t guaranteed to get tickets. We did the Augsburg game when they won 4-3 with the last kick of the game. You’re right, it was epic. So much so that I wrote this about it....

http://www.thedaisycutter.co.uk/2018/10/english-fans-need-say-auf-wiedersehen-treated-commodity/

I’m attempting to get the same group that I went with to do a trip next year (I have to pay for my missus to go on a jolly 1st). I’d go pretty much anywhere and we did speak about doing more days and more games.

One thing you could help with - on the Friday night in Cologne, I saw a lad with a white top with green and yellow panels on it. I wanted to ask him what team it was but we were in the middle of a funny conversation. Who would you suggest this is?
Gladbach.?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.